Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking a part-time Courier. This position involves providing courier duties from Winona to our outlying locations. Also involves working with our ATM machines, general maintenance, lawn mowing, carpet cleaning on weekends as needed, and special projects.
The hours for this position will generally be on Tuesday and Wednesday. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
If you’re ready to be a part of a positive and energetic team, please apply in person at Merchants Bank, Winona, 102 E 3rd Street, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail NLMessenger@merchantsbank.com with a cover letter and resume or to request an application.
This job involves two primary functions: 1) courier work between affiliate banks, 2) various maintenance duties as assigned (cleaning, painting, yard work).
- Courier work between facilities.
- Make deliveries and pickups at various unscheduled locations as needed.
- Rolling of coin.
- Filling and maintenance of ATMs at various locations.
- Ongoing general cleaning and painting.
- Cleaning of Bank vehicles, as needed.
- Pick up refuse in bank parking lot.
- Pick-up from lock-boxes and general mail from Post Office.
- Grass cutting and carpet cleaning, as needed.
- Practices safe/legal driving habits at all times. Abides by all speed, parking and traffic rules while operating a vehicle. Notifies management of any driving related incidents and or citations immediately.
- Provides efficient and courteous customer services to internal and external customers while conducting pickup and delivery of a variety of documents and other items.
- Completes specific routes in a safe, timely and accurate manner; maintaining security/confidentiality of bank and customer documents at all times.
- Participates in the cross training of all routes to guarantee a seamless transition as needed.
- Shares in the responsibility of routine courier car maintenance. Reports any issues creating an unsafe condition immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance assignments as needed.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. Must be familiar with counties that courier routes are located.
- Customer focused, with excellent interpersonal, and public relations skills.
- Dependable with ability to work flexible schedule.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicle and bank and customer premises without difficulty in performance of job. Must be able to lift and maneuver a variety of packages and a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to communicate bank services, policies, procedures and objectives effectively with internal and external customers and to represent the company positively in the community.
- Must have the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle; read and understand directions, all road and traffic signs/signals and understand and abide by all traffic laws.
- Requires ability to sit and operate a vehicle for extended periods while performing job duties.
- Frequent ability to travel and move freely about bank offices and other business locations. Requires bending, reaching, stretching. May be required to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds in the form of office related supplies and equipment, and/or documents/files.
- Must be able to receive and/or follow detailed instructions with the ability to stay focused and organize/prioritize work product.
- Must have effective skills for assessing and evaluating with the ability to work under pressure and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Job requires auditory, verbal and visual capabilities with normal range, manual dexterity of hands and fingers, ability to reach with hands and arms and perform repetitive motions.
- Requires minimal operation of standard office machines, including computer and telephone.
Operates a motor vehicle in performance of job; traveling in moderate to heavy traffic on a variety of roadways while encountering a variety of conditions. Enters and exits bank offices and a variety of businesses. Encounters light to moderate noise, limited mostly to the operation of office equipment, i.e., computers, typewriters, calculators, etc., conversation and background music. Will need to be able to assist with cash/coin deliveries.
Responsible to the Maintenance/Courier Supervisor for fulfillment of functions and responsibilities.