Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking a part-time Credit Card Assistant. This position will generally be 15-20 hours/week Monday-Friday. 2-4 hours/day. Duties involve the maintenance and check back of credit card accounts, reports, and handling customer inquiries. Excellent customer service and organizational skills required. Position requires good computer skills, the ability to grasp new procedures quickly and be able to multi-task while maintaining accuracy.Please apply in person at Merchants Bank, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail NLMessenger@merchantsbank.com with a cover letter and resume or to request an application.
This is a responsible position that supports all Credit Card functions directly related to the retail side of the Credit Card program. Position requires individual to perform a varied group of tasks with limited supervision, but within well-established policies and procedures. Must be well organized with the ability to prioritize work demands and plan work process. Individual must possess good communication skills and be responsive and sensitive to customers' needs. Must be capable of applying effective selling techniques in serving customers. Position requires good computer skills , the ability to grasp new procedures quickly and be able to multi-task while maintaining accuracy. This is a Part Time position requesting 15 hours per week at 2-4 hours per day as schedule allows.
- Maintenance on all existing Credit Card accounts.
- Check back of reports from previous day. Maintenance and payments.
- Assist Manager in processing daily credit card reports and follow-through on all account maintenance.
- Handle inquiries and dispersal of cards.
- Serve as backup for Merchant Processing set-up and maintenance.
- Service all existing credit card holders, solving problems, advising on billing procedures, etc.
- Keeps current on all changes to the VISA and MASTERCARD procedures, as well as FIS and Clientlink.
- Properly document all pertinent account information.
- Service business customers, and promote Merchant program.
- Assist in any other functions and projects of the department as directed by the Manager.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
Inside working environment, low noise, will work independently with minimal customer traffic in person; however, will have high degree of telephone contact. Very limited exposure to hazardous substances. Work will be performed primarily sitting at a desk. Requires high degree of finger dexterity, very good finger-eye coordination. May require some 6pm shifts as needed.
Requires above-average aptitude in area of math/number skills. Above-average skill in areas of problem analysis and problem solving. Ability to stick to tasks that require high volume, more than one task at a time and some redundancy, and maintain accuracy levels. Requires ability to articulate well; communicate well with customers. Must remain calm under pressure and time deadlines.
Personal computer skills, good typing skills, effective telephone and written communication skills. Must be good team worker.
Responsible to the Credit Card Manager for clarification of position responsibilities and authority for proper interpretation of responsibilities. Will have contact with customers, service suppliers, other staff members and must conduct self in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing efforts of the Bank.