Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking a part-time Custodian. This position will involve maintaining the cleanliness of all bank owned properties in Winona by performing various cleaning duties. Hours are 5:30pm – 10pm Monday through Friday and a four hour shift every 3rd Saturday in Fall, Winter, and Spring. A valid driver’s license is required and housekeeping experience preferred.
If you are a dependable and conscientious person please apply in person at Merchants Bank, Winona, 102 E 3rd Street, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail NLMessenger@merchantsbank.com with a cover letter and resume or to request an application.
This position involves maintaining the cleanliness of all bank owned properties by performing various cleaning duties. Requires a dependable, conscientious person with the ability to carry out duties under minimum supervision.
- Performs custodial work at all bank owned properties.
- Daily cleaning of central areas of the bank, break room, meetings rooms
- Weekly cleaning of individual offices
- Monthly cleaning of picture frames
- Restrooms: Cleans and disinfects sinks, countertops, toilets, mirrors, floors, etc. Replenishes bathroom supplies. Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and settings
- Floors: Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrub, wax and polish floors
- Breakroom / Kitchen: Cleans and disinfects sinks, countertops, tables, chairs, refrigerators, etc. Runs dishwasher and puts dishes away. Replenishes break room supplies.
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, etc.
- Dust and wash desks, walls, and light fixtures
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, and equipment to clean areas.
- Remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Washes walls and woodwork as needed.
- Washes windows, door panels, partitions, sills, etc.
- Use all chemicals appropriately on the right surface with the proper dilution rate.
- Operate housekeeping equipment
- Follows safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies
- Empty wastebaskets and recyclables from all locations and transport to the appropriate area at the main bank.
- Set up and take down for evening functions at the bank.
- Informs Maintenance Supervisor if any building maintenance problems are found.
- Employee will be expected to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner and give outstanding service.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Work will have some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Housekeeping experience preferred. Must have well developed problem solving skills. The position is highly physical, requiring climbing, bending, stooping, and walking. Must be ability to operate housekeeping tools. Must be able to lift, push, pull, or move up to 50 pounds.