Merchants Bank, Winona (102 E 3rd Street), is seeking a Director of First Impressions. This position could be filled full-time OR a job share with 2 part-time employees. Hours are 8am–4:30pm Mon through Thurs and 8am-5pm Fri.
We are looking for someone with a warm, friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic personality so assist everyone who visits Merchants Bank. Responsible for directing customers to the appropriate departments, managing safe deposit boxes, conducting historical tours, and a variety of responsible duties.
The person in this position needs a good knowledge of all the various department functions and the many bank services offered. The position involves a variety of responsible duties, and the person must be able to work independently. A warm, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic personality is necessary to create a positive first impression. Responsible for receiving, greeting, and assisting everyone who visits this Merchants location. Also responsible for assisting customers that need to enter the safe deposit vault.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Director of First Impressions
- Meet and greet customers, guests, and employees.
- Escort and introduce customers to appropriate person/officer of each department.
- Keep calendar for HR applicants/interviews, and CEO/CFO guests.
- Conduct tours of our historic building for visitors
Safe Deposit Box Attendant
- Open and close safe box vault daily.
- Manage customer access to safe boxes.
- Daily opening and closing procedures.
- Provide back-up as needed for Executive Assistant, Events and Adventures, Trust Department, and Investment Services.
- During open hours, acts as contact person for Maintenance/Custodian/Courier Department.
- Change out lobby signage according to schedule. Attend quarterly meetings on lobby signage.
- Assist the Marketing Department as needed.
- Take care of main lobby center podiums (supplies, change dates daily).
- Charged with seasonal decorating for Main Bank (purchase and decorate).
- Maintain the Main Bank’s history book.
- Set up and perform Bank history tours.
- Responsible for the community table.
- Merchants Bank Ambassador for the Winona area – guests and visitors ask where to go, what to see, current events in the area, and the history of Winona.
- Sell stamps and Cards for a Cause.
- Adherence to compliance laws concerning financial institutions, and completion of compliance courses as required for job description.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- If job sharing this role, coordinate with teammates for smooth hand offs from day to day and scheduling.
Physical Working Conditions & Demands:
Inside working environment, low noise level, no environmental hazards. Work performed at desk and standing, based on customer traffic. Some lifting of safe boxes required. Some bending and stooping is necessary, as well as the ability to use a step ladder to access some safe boxes. Will require good finger dexterity, good eye/finger coordination. Ability to operate computer, typewriter, calculator, and other office equipment.
Requires average clerical skills. Good math/numerical skills, excellent verbal skills. Ability to express self with clarity.
Will have extensive contact with customers and the general public, and is to conduct relationships in a manner that will complement the bank and create a caring image. Will often give the first impression to newcomers coming into the Bank.