Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking an Executive Assistant. This position will provide administrative support to the Regional President.
Duties include correspondence, transcription, processing reports, and the planning and organizing of several events. Requires considerable independent judgment, initiative, and a well-organized work schedule. Must have the ability to prioritize work flow. A high degree of professionalism is required. Must be excellent in business writing and have excellent knowledge in Microsoft Suite programs.
This is a highly responsible secretarial position that involves various duties related to the organization, human resources, and marketing efforts of the Bank. Requires considerable independent judgment, initiative, and a well-organized work schedule. Must have the ability to prioritize work flow.
Provides administrative support to Regional President - South and other management staff; greets customers and visitors, as needed. Must be skilled in typing and dictation, makes decisions according to existing procedures and policies. Handles high degree of confidential material.
- Answer telephone, and act as receptionist for Regional President – Winona and Southeast. Required to screen telephone calls and office visitors.
- Evaluate and route incoming mail and assemble related information. Follow-through on correspondence for President in a timely manner.
- Transcribe dictated letters, memos, and other material for Regional President - South. Also, take and transcribe orally dictated letters, memos, and other material for President.
- Compose letters or memos at President's request.
- Maintain Regional President's calendar, scheduling meetings and tracking appointments; make travel arrangements.
- Process reports for other Officers as required.
- Perform specialized or confidential administrative duties, including researching data and preparing reports.
- Initiate and type miscellaneous forms, as required.
- Receive and record all contribution requests for MB-Winona; formulate agenda and schedule Contribution Committee meeting. Follow up with check requests and letter to those requests.
- Input all new deposit accounts and consumer loan accounts into Intarsia. Follow up with thank you letter from President.
- Send thank you letter from Regional President for new mortgage customers.
- Send thank you letter from Regional President for new deposit and consumer customers.
- Record thank you surveys on excel spreadsheet for all affiliates; copy and send to Market Presidents and Officers.
- Review newspaper daily for obituaries for deceased customers and following through with memorials; also review for current events to send to customers.
- Send flowers or monetary memorials to customers and/or employees as needed.
- Schedule employees to participate in annual golf tournaments to represent bank.
- Schedule Merchants employees for Meals on Wheels route.
- Plan and organize annual employee Holiday Party.
- Plan and organize annual employee and shareholder’s meetings.
- Plan and organize annual Chamber Network Nite.
- Plan and organize any employee retirement reception per HR.
- Schedule annual Christmas Open House and area school Lobby Concerts.
- Coordinate fundraising for Employee Jean Days; collect money and have cashiers check made and sent to appropriate organization.
- Admin liaison for Ten Days of Giving Committee with sending letters to all area individuals; schools and businesses for donations. Follow up with Thank You letters.
- For monthly Birthday Party, confirm host group, type agenda, birthday checks.
- Send birthday cards to all Kids Savers Club members every month.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Regional President.
- Track and share Federal Home Loan Advances rates.
- Prepare and send letters for kids turning 16 years old and My Future Fund letters.
- Organize and coordinate WSU Football Suite guests and catering details.
- Manage the Minnesota Vikings tickets and various other Bank events, coordinate guests and appropriate details.
- Acts as back-up for Administrative Assistant to MFGI President and CEO/ Operations.
- Assist the Chief Human Resources Officer with secretarial duties, as needed.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Adherence to compliance with laws concerning financial institutions and completion of compliance disks as required for job description.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
Physical Working Conditions and Demands:
Inside working environment, low noise level. Exposure to customers, members of board of directors. No environmental hazards or chemicals.
Primarily requires sitting at desk, high degree of finger dexterity. Will generally not require any lifting of more than 10 lbs. Terminal/PC work requires good eyesight/ability to focus quickly.
Mental Demands/Skill Requirements:
Requires above-average aptitude in secretarial skills, such as typing, transcription, and ability to speak with clarity.
Responsible to the Regional President - South for fulfillment of duties, responsibilities, authority, and for their proper interpretation.
Will have extensive contact with customers, public, and staff; and is to conduct self in a manner that will enhance the overall image of the Bank - must maintain highest standards of personal, professional appearance.