Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking an IT Help Desk / Workstation and Peripherals Technician to join our team. Duties include providing 1st level customer service to the Bank’s employees. This position will troubleshoot hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related issues. The position will log all calls, resolve as many calls as possible, and escalate calls to level 2 support when necessary. This position also installs, maintains, and supports workstation, software and hardware systems, printers and scanners. Assists with the integration of desktop systems and software.
Must be a quick learner have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Experience supporting users in LAN/WAN environment preferred. Candidate must have strong technical knowledge and experience with micro-computer operations and Microsoft operating systems.
As helpdesk technician: Provide 1st level customer service to Information Technology customers. The position will be the 1st point of contact for Information Technology customers that are reporting systems problems, have Information Technology questions, or have requests for Information Technology changes and enhancements. The position will log all calls, resolve as many calls as possible, and escalate calls to level 2 support when necessary.
As Workstation and Peripherals technician: Installs, maintains, and supports workstation, (desktops and notebooks), software and hardware systems, printers and scanners in Local (LAN), Wide (WAN) Area Network and stand-alone environments at all Merchants Financial Group companies. Assists with the integration of desktop systems and software with IBM iSeries based banking applications and Lotus Notes/Domino.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, chat/jabbers and in-person requests for assistance from Information Technology customers experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies
- Collection and documentation of problem details
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, escalating more complex problems to technical staff or management
- Log and tracks calls using the problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation
- Performance monitoring of critical systems and escalation of problems
- Installation and configuration of updates and upgrades to workstation hardware, application software and operating systems.
- Support mobile device management systems and remote access systems including system configuration and end-user installation and support.
- Coordinate with managed print services functions and configure, deliver and support Bank owned printers and document scanners.
- Assist with management of the workstation security applications, such as whitelisting, AV/Anti-malware applications, etc.
- Assist with management of the Bank’s patch management solution whether thru internal processes and systems or thru outsourced vendor services.
- Develop documentation and user manuals for installed applications and other end-user functions.
- Performs vulnerability remediation per the Bank’s vulnerability management standards.
- Employee will perform duties per the Bank’s IT configuration standards for naming conventions, change management, security and baseline configurations.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner
- Cross-train in other areas of Information Systems to provide assistance during periods of high demand, illness, vacation, or other absence.
- Gain a basic knowledge of Banking and finance regulations and knowledge of Merchants Financial Group Operations.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with a variety of staff under stressful conditions
- Good aptitude and a driving interest in information technologies and systems.
- Must be capable of quickly learning and comprehending new concepts and technologies.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical staff in a non-threatening and understandable manner
- Ability to manage all IT related helpdesk and other issues with appropriate confidentiality
- One or more years of experience supporting users in a LAN/WAN environment preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with micro-computer operations and currently supported Microsoft operating systems.
- Experience with of LAN / WAN Administration in a Microsoft Active Directory environment preferred.
- Some programming skills are desirable (on the level of DOS batch files, expert systems "rules based" logic, macros)
- Experience supporting general office automation applications (Microsoft Office, web browsers, etc.)
- Good aptitude and a strong interest in information technologies and systems.
- Exceptional analytical ability to conduct upgrades and evaluate operational issues of computer systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Little or no discomfort caused by environmental factors.
- Some exposure to mental/visual fatigue resulting from research of complex systems issues.
- Some travel required.
- Hours may be unpredictable due to installations, configuration, research, and updates that must be performed outside of normal banking hours.
- Responsible to the IT Help Desk / Workstation and Peripherals Technician Manager for fulfillment of functions, responsibilities, and authority, and for their proper interpretation.
- Will have extensive contact with department managers, end-users, and third-party application developers.