Merchants Bank, Winona, has an opening for a Mortgage Closing Specialist. Duties involve working with initial closing disclosures and preparing and delivering mortgage closing documents. Also cross-trained in the areas of suspense conditions, disbursements, and data integrity. Must have great communication skills, be organized, able to work under deadlines, and have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
The primary responsibilities of the Mortgage Closing Specialist are to perform the duties required to prepare closing documents and deliver the closed file to the Purchasing Department; be cross-trained on all duties in the Closing Department area to include Suspense Conditions, Disbursements, and Data Integrity of the file.
- Prepare and deliver initial closing disclosure to borrower(s) within TRID guidelines
- Prepare accurate closing documents and deliver them to the settlement agent within the timeline set by the Service Level Agreement between the Mortgage Closing Department and the Mortgage Lenders / Processors
- Ability to manage Closing Help Desk functions
- Follow up on closed loans to ensure the return of the signed documents to the Mortgage Closing Department
- Organize, stack and deliver signed documents to the Purchasing Department
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties required by the Mortgage Closing Department
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Adherence to compliance with applicable laws concerning financial institutions
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner
- Employee will be expected to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner
Inside working environment, very low noise level, professional atmosphere.
Work is performed primarily sitting at a desk. Requires ability to operate terminal and keyboard, good finger dexterity and good finger-eye coordination.
Requires above-average aptitude in the area of math/number skills; strong analytical skills. Above-average skill in the areas of problem analysis and problem solving. Exceptional organizational skills. Requires ability to articulate well and effectively communicate with others. Must have the ability to remain calm under pressure and weather very high stress levels due to last minute changes.
Independent thought, good organization, self-motivation to complete tasks in a timely manner. Must have good typing skills, effective telephone and written communication skills. Should have amiable personality and be a team player. Confidentiality is a must.
Responsible to the Mortgage Closing Supervisor for clarification of position’s responsibilities, authority, and for proper interpretation.