Merchants Bank, Winona, has an opening for a Mortgage Closing Supervisor. This position would be responsible for supervision of the Mortgage Loan Closing team. This includes overseeing the daily operations and preparation of the closing documents and the funding of the loans, managing workflow queues, identifying daily priorities, and daily and weekly pipeline management to move loans through the system. Responsible for ensuring the Closing team provides a superior customer service experience for all customers, lenders, and contacts. This position may require overtime during periods of high volume.
1-2 years management or leadership experience preferred. 2-4 years of loan closing and funding experience or related mortgage experience required.
This position is responsible for the supervision and workflow management for all the Mortgage Loan Closers I, II and III who prepare mortgage loan closing documents for Merchants Bank Retail Lenders and Full Document Processing Correspondent Lenders, and is also responsible for the Mortgage Loan Disbursers and the Mortgage Post-Closing Specialist. This includes overseeing the daily operations and preparation of the closing documents and the funding of the loans, managing workflow queues for each channel, identifying daily priorities, and daily and weekly pipeline management to move loans through the system. Responsible for ensuring the Closing team provides a superior customer service experience for all customers and lenders, as well other contacts, both internal and external.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a collaborative fashion with all Mortgage Loan Closers and Disbursers with particular emphasis on making a smooth process among all departments to ensure the highest level of customer service and workflow efficiency across all departments
- Develop, formalize, and maintain department policies and procedures as they pertain to the Mortgage Loan Closers and Disbursers
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of CD’s and closing documents
- Ability to problem solve and make suggestions for system and procedural improvements and efficiencies
- Measure performance for Mortgage Loan Closers and Disbursers to ensure all standards are met for the various types of mortgage loans
- Improve and convey any training, procedural or policy changes
- Motivate and lead by example, effectively communicating individual, team and company objectives
- Develop and maintain respect with all employees and management
- Assist in developing new products, procedures and workflows as they pertain to Mortgage Loan Closing and Disbursing
- Identification of load balancing amongst the Closing team
- Schedule and assist with Mortgage Loan Closer and Disburser team training as needed
- Coach, mentor, and develop Mortgage Loan Closers and Disbursers through monthly meetings and other arranged educational workshops
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills by answering questions from Loan Officers, Mortgage Loan Processors, Management, FDP Correspondents, Title Companies, etc. pertaining to loans in process, potential loan requests, and general information
- Assist with obtaining required information for mortgage loan closings regarding disclosures, verification of employment, closing conditions as required by underwriting and the title company, and any other pertinent information necessary for the closing/disbursing of the loan
- Be able to perform backup closing and disbursing functions
- Responds to post-closing audit reports and provides training/process changes/automation suggestions
- Audit and review loan files for accuracy (make sure all information in the loan file is accurate, system screens are filled out completely and correctly), compliance timelines adhered to and Mavent messages cleared
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function for this job
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner
- Perform any other duties as requested by management to assist other departments, as necessary
- 1-2 years management or leadership experience preferred
- 2-4 years loan closing and funding experience or related mortgage experience required
- Has knowledge of mortgage related compliance regulations such as RESPA, Fair Lending, HMDA, TRID timelines, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to effectively interact with various styles and levels of management and be able to adjust own communication style based on the audience.
- Proven ability to lead, coach, and mentor at all position levels
- Positive Attitude and willingness to help others
Inside working environment, very low noise level. W
Work will be performed primarily sitting at desk. Requires high degree of finger dexterity, very good finger-eye coordination.
Requires above-average aptitude in area of math/number skills; strong analytical skills. Above average skill in areas of problem analysis and problem solving. Ability to stick to tasks that require high volume and some redundancy, and maintain accuracy levels. Requires ability to articulate well and communicate well with customers. Must remain calm under pressure and time deadlines. Be accommodating with last minute changes whenever possible.
Independent thought, exceptional organization, self-motivation. Must have effective and professional communication skills.
Responsible to VP Mortgage Operations Manager for clarification of position responsibilities and authority for proper interpretation of responsibilities.