Merchants Bank established in 1875 is a growing, employee owned company, dedicated to a philosophy of community banking with total company wide assets of over $2.5 billion. Due to continued growth, we are searching for a Mortgage Lender to grow our mortgage lending area in the Red Wing, Minnesota area market.
The Mortgage Lender provides service to existing and potential new real estate loan customers both for in-house and real estate loans sold to Secondary Market. The Mortgage Lender is responsible for cross selling all consumer banking products and services to customers. The focus is on relationship banking. Must be quick to analyze customer's needs and recommend other Bank products and services that will assist customers in achieving their hopes and dreams. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong community involvement.
This position requires a college degree and/or banking experience equivalent to fulfill the requirements of the position. Residential lending experience is required.
This position requires residency within the community it serves – specifically, residency within the Red Wing community or within minimal distance outside Red Wing proper.
Competitive salary and benefit package provided, including an ESOP. Apply online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, mail resume and cover letter to Merchants Bank, Attn: Beth Ede, CHRO, 102 East 3rd St., Winona, MN 55987, or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Provides service to existing and potential new real estate loan customers both for in-house and real estate loans sold to Secondary Market. The Mortgage Lender is responsible for cross selling all consumer banking products and services to customers. The focus is on relationship banking. Must be quick to analyze customer's needs and recommend other Bank products and services.
- Attends to the needs of existing and potential new real estate loan customers both for in-house and real estate loans sold to Secondary Market
- Interviews loan applicants to develop rapport and obtain information necessary
- Manage pipeline, follow up and see loans through to closing
- Cross sells other banking services
- Well versed in construction lending
- Monitors loan activity and recommends changes to assist management
- Follows established procedures regarding secondary market
- Adherence to compliance with laws concerning financial institutions, and completion of compliance disks as required for job description.
- Is actively networking and involved with local realtors & other referral sources to help maintain a consistent pipeline with monthly closings.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
Individual must possess high degree of ability/aptitude in financial analyses. College degree or equivalent business experience preferred. Residential lending experience is required. Other areas critical to the position are: sales ability, customer orientation, confidentiality, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and interpersonal communication.
Predominately sedentary work involves sitting at a desk most of the time. A negligible amount of strength for lifting, carrying, etc. Requires average ability in finger dexterity to operate various business equipment, such as computers, calculators, copiers, etc. Individual must have excellent customer relations skills and demonstrate ability to consistently display a positive and professional image at all times when representing the Bank. Must be skilled at handling sensitive situations.
Predominately inside working environment. However, will be required to meet and assist customers outside the Bank that will involve various working conditions and hours. No environmental hazards such as chemicals. May be asked to assist in certain networking activities relating to collections that would expose individual to outside Bank environment on a limited basis.
Responsible to Market President/Regional President for fulfillment of position functions and proper interpretation. Must conduct self in a manner that will ensure a harmonious office climate and enhance overall Mortgage Department. Will be called upon to participate in outside community projects and functions during regular business hours and may include time on weekends and/or evenings.