Merchants Bank, Rochester (1600 Greenview Drive SW), is seeking a Mortgage Lender to join our excellent team. Position involves the origination of residential loan applications, including purchase, refinance, and loans. Will develop and maintain relationships with key referral sources, such as realtors, builders, financial planners, attorneys, etc. Is responsible to effectively analyze customer’s needs and recommend the best loan program along with other Bank products and services. Previous mortgage experience required. Competitive salary and benefit package offered, including an ESOP.
Please apply in person at Merchants Bank, Rochester, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail NLMessenger@merchantsbank.com with a cover letter and resume or to request an application.
Provides service to potential real estate loan customers both for in-house and real estate loans sold to Secondary Market. The Mortgage Lender is responsible for cross selling all consumer banking products and services to customers. The focus is on relationship banking. Must be quick to analyze customer's needs and recommend other Bank products and services.
- Attends to the needs of potential real estate loan customers both for in-house and real estate loans sold to Secondary Market
- Interviews loan applicants to develop rapport and obtain information necessary
- Manager pipeline, follow up and see loans through to closing
- Cross sells other banking services
- Monitors loan activity and recommends changes to assist management
- Follows established procedures regarding secondary market
- Adherence to compliance with laws concerning financial institutions, and completion of compliance disks as required for job description.
- Is actively networking and involved with local realtors & other referral sources to help maintain a consistent pipeline with monthly closings.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
Individual must possess high degree of ability/aptitude in financial analyses. College degree or equivalent business experience preferred. Other areas critical to the position are: sales ability/customer orientation, confidentiality, and interpersonal communication.
Predominately sedentary work, involves sitting at a desk most of the time. A negligible amount of strength for lifting, carrying, etc. Requires average ability in finger dexterity to operate various business equipment, such as computers, calculators, copiers, etc. Individual must have excellent customer relations skills and demonstrate ability to consistently display a positive and professional image at all times when representing the Bank. Must be skilled at handling sensitive situations.
Predominately inside working environment. However, will be required to meet and assist customers outside the Bank that will involve various working conditions and hours. No environmental hazards such as chemicals. May be asked to assist in certain networking activities relating to collections that would expose individual to outside Bank environment on a limited basis.
Responsible to Branch Manager for fulfillment of position functions and proper interpretation. Must conduct self in a manner that will ensure a harmonious office climate and enhance overall Mortgage Department. May be called upon to participate in outside community projects.