Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking a Mortgage Loan Processor. Duties involve working with our Mortgage Lenders and Underwriters, obtaining information and preparing loan files, processing verifications, and other loan support tasks. Mortgage experience preferred. Must possess a positive attitude, be able to multi-task and work under deadlines, able to work in a fast paced environment, and have strong communication skills.
This is a responsible position that requires ability to perform a variety of loan support tasks that are performed under limited supervision but within established policies and procedures set forth for the Company. Emphasis on providing a superior customer service experience for all customers and lenders, as well other contacts, both internal and external and submitting quality files for Underwriting within established time frames.
- Assist with obtaining required information for mortgage loan applicants regarding verification of employment and deposits, appraisals, credit reports, title work, required insurance coverage, and any other pertinent information necessary for the loan file.
- Process and verify documents received for mortgage loans. Scan and upload documents into the LOS.
- Input required customer information into secondary market software system for continued follow-up. Scan and upload documents into the LOS.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills by answering questions from loan officers and customers pertaining to loans in process, potential loan requests and general information.
- Prepare and submit the loan to underwriting by gathering supporting documentation, verifying the information on the original application, and updating and resubmitting the loan based on verified documentation.
- Interpret underwriting results and collect information required to clear contingencies for final approval.
- Contact creditors for loan payoff figures for mortgage customers.
- Review closing documents for mortgage loans prior to closing and confirm adequate communication has been made to ensure at close conditions are met.
- Assist post-closing department with the follow-up on missing documentation when needed.
- Review files with lenders on a regular basis and assist with pipeline management.
- Arrange and coordinate loan closing with attorneys, loan officers and/or borrowers and mortgage loan closer.
- Has basic knowledge on how to calculate income and how to read and analyze tax returns and financial statements.
- Has a basic knowledge of related compliance regulations such as RESPA, Fair Lending, HMDA, etc.
- Construction draws
- Lock updates – notify pricing desk of lock changes
- Perform any other duties as requested by management to assist other departments, as necessary.
- Serve as back up for other functions in the department.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function for this job.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Learn and stay current on Secondary Market investor guidelines and in-house mortgage policies.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
Inside working environment, very low noise level.
Work will be performed primarily sitting at desk. Requires high degree of finger dexterity, very good finger-eye coordination.
Requires above-average aptitude in area of math/number skills; strong analytical skills. Above average skill in areas of problem analysis and problem solving. Ability to stick to tasks that require high volume and some redundancy, and maintain accuracy levels. Requires ability to articulate well and communicate well with customers. Must remain calm under pressure and time deadlines.
Personal computer skills, good typing skills, effective telephone and written communication skills. Must have strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task. Must be a good team worker.
Responsible to Mortgage Processing Supervisor for clarification of position responsibilities and authority for proper interpretation of responsibilities. Position will have high degree of telephone contact with bank customers. Must have ability to work effectively and professionally in team environment and conduct relationship in a manner that will enhance the overall Marketing efforts of the bank.