Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking a Mortgage Processing Supervisor.
This position is responsible for the supervision and workflow management for all of the Mortgage Loan Processors who process loans for Merchants Bank Retail Lenders and Full Document Processing Correspondent Lenders. This includes reviewing daily numbers and metrics for each channel, identifying daily priorities, and daily and weekly pipeline management to move loans through the system. Candidate must have a minimum of three years’ experience in management and mortgage experience, knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Government Jumbo and other investor guidelines. Must also have knowledge of related compliance regulations.
Please apply in person at Merchants Bank, Winona, 102 E 3rd Street, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail NLMessenger@merchantsbank.com with a cover letter and resume or to request an application.
This position is responsible for the supervision and workflow management for all the Mortgage Loan Processors I, II and III who process loans for Merchants Bank Retail Lenders and Full Document Processing Correspondent Lenders. This includes reviewing daily numbers and metrics for each channel, identifying daily priorities, and daily and weekly pipeline management to move loans through the system. Responsible for ensuring the Processing team provides a superior customer service experience for all customers and lenders, as well other contacts, both internal and external.
- Work in a collaborative fashion with all Mortgage Loan Processors with particular emphasis on making a smooth process among all departments to insure the highest level of customer service and workflow efficiency across all departments
- Measure performance for Mortgage Loan Processors to ensure all standards are met for the various types of mortgage loans
- Improve and convey any training, procedural or policy changes
- Develop, formalize, and maintain department policies and procedures as they pertain to the Mortgage Loan Processors
- Motivate and lead by example, effectively communicating individual, team and company objectives
- Continue to monitor and enhance the Correspondent Full Document Processing Program
- Assist in developing new products, procedures and workflows as they pertain to Mortgage Processing
- Identification of load balancing needs across all channels
- Schedule and assist with Mortgage Loan Processor team training as needed
- Coach, mentor, and develop Mortgage Loan Processors through monthly meetings and other arranged educational workshops
- Demonstrate good customer service skills by answering questions from Loan Officers, Mortgage Loan Processors, or Management pertaining to loans in process, potential loan requests, and general information
- Assist Mortgage Loan Processors with the Closing Department and Funding Department’s request for missing documentation when needed, as well as Post Closing documentation required per exception reports
- Assist with obtaining required information for mortgage loan applicants regarding disclosures, verification of employment, deposits, appraisals, credit reports, title work, required insurance coverage, and any other pertinent information necessary for the loan file
- Process and verify documents received for mortgage loans
- Prepare and submit the loan to underwriting by gathering supporting documentation and verifying information of the original application
- Interpret underwriting results and collects information required to clear contingencies for final approval
- Contact creditors for loan payoff figures for mortgage customers and arrange and coordinate loan closing with attorneys, loan officers, and/or borrowers and mortgage loan closer as requested
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function for this job
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner
- Perform any other duties as requested by management to assist other departments, as necessary
- Minimum three years experience in management or mortgage processing
- Ability to read and analyze tax returns, financial statements, knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Government, Jumbo and other investor guidelines
- Has knowledge of related compliance regulations such as RESPA, Fair Lending, HMDA, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to effectively interact with various styles and levels of management and be able to adjust own communication style based on the audience.
- Proven ability to lead, coach, and mentor at all position levels
- Positive Attitude and willingness to help others
- Personal computer skills, good typing skills, effective telephone and written communication skills.
Inside working environment, very low noise level. Will require occasional travel between Winona, Rosemount and Northfield locations.
Work will be performed primarily sitting at desk. Requires high degree of finger dexterity, very good finger-eye coordination.
Requires above-average aptitude in area of math/number skills; strong analytical skills. Above average skill in areas of problem analysis and problem solving. Ability to stick to tasks that require high volume and some redundancy, and maintain accuracy levels. Requires ability to articulate well and communicate well with customers. Must remain calm under pressure and time deadlines and exude strong emotional intelligence.
Responsible to VP Mortgage Operations Manager/Underwriting Officer for clarification of position responsibilities and authority for proper interpretation of responsibilities.