Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking a Mortgage Relationship Coordinator / Administrative Assistant. This position involves greeting customers, scheduling and coordinating meetings and activities, and a variety of administrative duties. Also responsible for performing a wide range of duties related to customer service and initial handling of loans from Correspondent lenders. This role requires independent judgment, the willingness to take initiative and organizational and communication skills. A high degree of professionalism is required. Must be excellent in business writing and using Microsoft Suite programs.
Responsible for performing a wide range of duties related to customer service and initial handling of loans from Correspondent lenders. These duties are both file specific and business to business in nature. Proactively communicate to both internal and external clients as well as serving as a resource to Mortgage Operations and other departments within the bank.
- Schedule, prepare and communicate Retail and Correspondent bulletins and policy updates.
- Work with VP/Mortgage Operations Manager to facilitate semi-annual Mortgage Operations meetings.
- Coordinate team building activities (potlucks, birthday celebrations, Welcome Home atmosphere, lunch room bulletin boards, etc).
- Branch Champion participation.
- Update Correspondent Landing Page.
- Greet and direct customers and non-customers to the appropriate departments.
- Assistant to the Mortgage Underwriting Manager and VP/Mortgage Operations Manager.
- Schedule meeting rooms for events using the Lotus Notes
- Set-up and clean-up meetings rooms (coordinate all refreshments, equipment, supplies computers, etc. for meetings and events).
- Set-up, take down, and maintain customer Beverage Center with proper supplies.
- Send out meeting invitations as needed.
- Sort and deliver incoming mail and packages daily.
- Process bills/invoices and submit for payment after obtaining the appropriate signatures.
- Keep an updated list of the Operations Department employees.
- Purchase supplies for events/meetings and miscellaneous office supplies on occasion.
- Complete pre-underwriting review and Early Check of Virtual Loan Folders submitted by the Correspondents.
- Interact with Correspondents to ensure file is ready for assignment to Underwriter (UCDP, all conditions for findings in file, etc.) and assist with understanding Merchants policy and procedures when questions arise from a Correspondent.
- Utilize systems in place (Encompass), including automated underwriting to ensure file is ready for underwrite.
- Manage expected service levels related to uploading and having files ready for submission.
- Manage the conditions/resubmissions to underwriting in a timely manner.
- Assist the various Mortgage Operations managers with department meetings.
- Order supplies for the Plaza Building and keep standard kitchen supplies stocked.
- Point of contact for partial releases and release of liabilities.
- Backup for Residential Appraisal Specialist.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
Inside working environment, very low noise level.
Work is performed primarily sitting at a desk. Requires a high degree of finger dexterity, very good finger-eye coordination. Required strength to lift approximately 10 lbs
Requires good organizational skills and be detail oriented. Requires above-average skill in the area of problem analysis and problem solving. Ability to speak with clarity and articulate thoughts and ideas well. Must be able to remain calm under pressure and relate to all types of personalities.
- Excellent business writing skills including proof reading, editing, and composing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite programs.
- A demonstrated ability to use tact, diplomacy, and a professional presentation when dealing with external and internal customers.
- Analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving ability.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate on the phone and through email.
- Flexibility in working situations with the ability and willingness to work varying hours if needed.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, work rapidly and accurately under stressful conditions and meet required deadlines.
- Previous mortgage experience desired.
- Demonstrated teamwork and high level of customer service.
Responsible to the Mortgage Underwriting Manager and VP/Mortgage Operations Manager for clarification of position responsibilities and authority and for proper interpretation.
Position will have extensive phone and written interaction with customers and staff. Position will have person-to-person contact with customers and public. Must have ability to work in a team environment. Personal manner to enhance the overall professional image of the Bank.