Merchants Bank, Winona, has an opening for a part-time day Computer Operator. This is a job share position that will be 2-3 days/week Mon through Fri from 8am – 5pm.
This position is responsible for collecting, processing, and ensuring accuracy of ACH and other files throughout the day. Must be organized, analytical, have good attention to detail, and able to work individually. Must also have excellent communication skills.
Please apply in person at Merchants Bank, Winona, 102 E 3rd Street, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail NLMessenger@merchantsbank.com with a cover letter and resume or to request an application.
Oversees and performs daily processes for Computer Operations. Works with internal staff and external customers to resolve issues and answer questions. Works with others in Information Technology to aid in resolving issues, learning new processes (systems) and performing special requests. Adheres to policies created for Computer Operations area. This position requires working independently in a quiet work environment, with minimal supervision and contact with others.
- Completes prior day’s processing of reports and distribute reports to appropriate individuals.
- Ensures no errors on the system from the previous day’s work.
- Ensures tape backups are completed successfully from nightly backups.
- Record and Maintain the tape library.
- Complete other predetermined tasks as indicated in Computer Room Job Schedule listing.
- Process incoming customer data files for processing into core banking application (ACH).
- Data files are received thru multiple sources.
- Verifying with the customer the accuracy for total dollars and effective date.
- Forward customers questions and corrections to appropriate individuals in the department / organization.
- Recording of information processed per customer.
- Receives data files from various applications and load into the core banking application for proper processing.
- Ensure work is in balance at various times throughout the day.
- Understanding of duties that need to be performed for software that do not reside within the Core banking application:
- Report Archival system
- Item Processing
- Report Distribution
- Other systems as deemed necessary to complete tasks
- Predetermined times, run processes to create files to send to vendors or external customers.
- Predetermined times, run processes to receive files from vendors for further processing.
- Conducts Notice Printing and limited statement printing.
- Communicate Computer Room Job Schedule changes to other IT staff for daily operations.
- Work with IT Staff to document and maintains procedures that pertain to the computer operations area.
- As directed by IT staff, learn new processes as needed.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- General Knowledge of banking systems, products and services.
- Solid analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required with internal staff and external customers.
- Understanding of banking and general computer terminology for proper communication between internal staff and department personnel.
- Working knowledge of IBM iSeries Operating system and Microsoft Operating systems.
- Self-motivated individual that works well with a team or individually as necessary.
- Personable, interacts well with co-workers, especially co-workers within the Information Technology department.
Little or no discomfort caused by environmental factors. Some exposure to mental/visual fatigue resulting from repetitive tasks. High stress situations may occur for meeting daily deadlines based upon the volume of daily work or when processing errors occur. Environment may be cooler and have background noise.
Work with other individuals within the Information Technology Department. Interaction with end users that are affiliates of Merchants Bank.