Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking a part-time Director of Customer Assistance. Generally 20 hours/week. This position involves activities associated with answering a multi-line switchboard. Must be able to make a positive first impression for callers, trouble-shoot what the callers needs are, and direct them correctly in a fast and accurate manner. Also involves other clerical duties. Must be enthusiastic, patient, friendly, able to provide “excellent” customer service, and have the ability to work independently.
The switchboard is the communications center for all incoming calls on the Main Bank number. The position involves the routine activities associated with the switchboard. All calls must be answered as quickly as possible and routed to the correct department or individual.
This position requires a good knowledge of the various department functions and the many bank services offered. It also involves a variety of responsible duties and the ability to work independently on projects as assigned. Employee must have a pleasing voice that exemplifies concern for the customer. Accuracy in this job is critical with the data input required
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone at a rapid pace and transfer calls to proper department.
- Responsible for sorting all incoming mail, as well as processing mail deposits and loan payments.
- Complete address changes.
- Complete Signature Card Checkback on all deposit accounts.
- Learn the scanning function and checkback.
- Complete Savings Bond reconciliation.
- Responsible for address changes for returned mail.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Employee will be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of banking systems, products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work on various duties with interruptions.
- Skill in customer relations, such as the ability to respond with sensitivity and sense of urgency to customer needs or requests.
- Strong planning ability, attention to details, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
Personable, interacts well with customers and co-workers. Ability to type. Good math/numerical skills. Excellent verbal skills.
Little or no discomfort caused by environmental factors. Work performed primarily sitting at a desk. Must stay in area as main responsibility is the Switchboard.
Minimal lifting required. Must be able to look at computer all day.
Will have extensive contact with Merchants Bank employees and customers.