Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking a part-time Electronic Banking Specialist. Hours will generally be between 12:30pm – 6pm Monday-Friday and a Saturday morning rotation from 8am - noon. Duties involve processing applications, answering questions, and explaining features of our Debit Card and Online banking systems to customers with all computer skill levels over the telephone and via e-mail. Must have excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
This is a highly responsible position which will assist all MFGI customers, external and internal, with Electronic Banking processing and various duties within the Electronic Banking Department. This position will have customer contact on a daily basis. The individual serving this role will need to be able to explain Debit Card and Online Banking issues to customers of various skill levels.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Will be responsible for helping to process all new Debit Card and Online Banking applications that come from affiliates.
- Will conduct maintenance on Online Banking and Debit Card applications as they arise.
- Will assist with customer questions, responding by various forms of communication in a timely manner.
- Will print reports on a daily basis and make all necessary entries.
- Will monitor customer feedback and make suggestions to Management for improvement.
- Will conduct research for customers on Electronic Banking issues as needed.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of banking systems, products and services.
- Ability to learn multiple systems and be strong in all Electronic Banking areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including strong verbal and written skills. All communication is done via the telephone or the computer.
- Solid analytical, organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Skill in customer relations, such as the ability to respond with sensitivity and sense of urgency to customer needs or requests.
- Proficient knowledge of personal computers and applications and in the technology related to debit cards and online banking system.
- Strong planning ability, attention to details, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to work on various duties with interruptions.
- Self-motivated individual that works well with a team or individually as necessary.
- Personable, interacts well with customers and co-workers.
Little or no discomfort caused by environmental factors. Some exposure to mental/visual fatigue resulting from research of complex systems issues.
Will have extensive contact with Merchants Bank employees, end-users and third-party vendors.