Merchants Bank, Winona, is looking for a dependable part-time evening Computer Operator. The hours for the position are 6pm-11:30pm 2-3 days/week Monday through Friday. This position is responsible for overseeing the nightly update for various banking applications for multiple banks. Must be organized, able to follow explicit instructions, have good attention to detail, self-motivated and able to work individually.
Please apply in person at Merchants Bank, Winona, 102 E 3rd Street, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail NLMessenger@merchantsbank.com with a cover letter and resume or to request an application.
This position is responsible for overseeing the nightly updates for various banking applications. Minimal supervision is provided during this time since these job duties are performed after regular banking hours. Flexibility is important, as some nights may be longer than others, especially during month-end, on the last processing day of the week, or after a software update. In some cases, this position must contact a software vendor or system technician to troubleshoot an issue.
- Initiate and observe the nightly updating procedures for several applications.
- Respond to error messages properly or contact a supervisor for assistance.
- Transmit/receive debit card files and transactions.
- Follow predetermined daily procedures for nightly updates
- Extract daily transactions from Item Processing and perform balancing process before starting nightly updates.
- Print nightly reports using regular paper or special forms.
- Connect to remote server and collect images from Item Processing.
- Transfer check images from the Image System into the Statement producing software.
- Double-lock doors at the end of the night.
- Maintain regular and dependable attendance for all shifts.
- Complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
- Contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Take responsibility to ensure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Perform other duties as required by business needs.
Skills and Abilities Required:
This position requires a well-organized individual with the ability to follow explicit instructions. It also requires accuracy and sound observation during the update process. Strong telephone skills and the ability to communicate a problem properly are also required. Due to minimal supervision, the individual for this position needs to be dependable and trustworthy. This employee should be able to work alone and handle repetitive job duties.
This job has an inside working environment with cool temperatures. There is no traffic in the area.
This employee reports to the VP/Core Banking System. This employee will also communicate with another Evening Computer Operator.