Merchants Bank, Winona, has an opening for a part-time Item Processor. Duties include verifying and balancing daily bank transactions and reports, completing files, working with cash letters, completing adjustment notices, and numerous nightly reports and duties.
Must be dependable, organized, detailed, a quick learner, and be able to work under pressure. Starting times are 2pm on Mon and Fri, 3pm Tues, Wed, Thurs. Ending time will generally vary between 6:30-7:30pm.
This job follows a well-established system of viewing images and balancing checks, deposits, internal debits, credits, etc. Also, this position will include the responsibility of completing the automated capturing and sorting of data from all paper documents as well as the storage of them.
Requires the use of good judgment, speed, accuracy while updating account numbers and tran codes, and initiative in performing job responsibilities. Speed and accuracy are critical while performing Item Processing duties.
This individual will be trained on the scanner operating responsibilities as well as all ‘balancing’ duties.
This individual will be expected to obtain in depth knowledge of the Branch Capture processing software and hardware to assist with issues at the affiliate locations as needed. Work with vendors as needed to report, address and resolve any system issues. In depth knowledge of the electronic cash letter processes will be required.
This individual will be trained to perform the daily electronic cash letters processing that includes Merchant Capture, Fastenal and Mobile duties, balance the transactions and make adjustments accordingly.
This individual will be responsible for completing all critical end-of-night duties associated with Branch Capture and daily processing. This requires staying until all work is completed. Duties and any issues that arise are expected to be completed accurately and timely, as other departments are waiting for us to finish the day.
This individual may be trained to operate the folding/stuffing machine. You will be responsible for operation of this machine as scheduled. This duty will require additional hours during certain times of the month / year.
- Operate P.C. - Balance and update all missing information on all types of captured/imaged debit and credit items.
- Ability to multi-task between programs and processes efficiently and work in a fast paced environment.
- Research and adjust errors; create an adjustment notice to explain the offage to the customer. Notify tellers of necessary adjustments pertaining to them.
- Perform the electronic cash letter duties as assigned.
- Learn miscellaneous duties connected with the Item Processing Department, such as returns, foreign/Canadian items, folder/inserter operation, etc.
- Assist other departments when needed and available.
- Perform the daily duties of the folder/ stuffing machine (notices and platinum letters); as assigned.
- Prepping, capturing, sorting, and storage of all paper item documents.
- Responsible for image quality.
- Daily preventative maintenance for scanner.
- Complete all end-of-day duties on a daily basis and fully understand the end-of-day workflow and be able to perform all steps at any given time.
- Assist as needed for special projects, including documentation of procedures.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to be able to work as either part of a team or independently based on the day-to-day needs.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
Inside working environment; no environmental hazards. Temperature comfortable/cool. Noise level can be above-average at times, compared to Bank’s normal level in other departments.
Requires sitting at a P.C. or desk approximately 80% of the time. Will require repetitive motion when operating P.C. May require lifting approximately 30 lbs (trays of activity). Requires good eye/finger dexterity. Ability to speak with clarity on telephone.
Requires good dexterity. Ability to focus quickly and above average finger dexterity. Requires good math aptitude. High school degree. Prefer some advanced training. Requires good telephone skills. Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace as needed.
Will have limited person-to-person contact with customers; however, will have telephone contact with customers and must have ability to communicate effectively. Will have extensive contact with internal customers, primarily the customer service representative (tellers) and must project professionalism.