Merchants Bank, Winona, currently has a Portfolio Specialist position available. Primary responsibilities will be to assist our Merchants Bank Equipment Finance Company with accounting and portfolio management operations.
This position will include a mix of daily responsibilities including daily cash postings, processing rental billings, preparing pay-off calculations, managing ACH activity, maintaining contract files, GL account balancing and monthly reporting. Candidate must have an associate or bachelor degree in accounting or business administration. A minimum of two years’ experience in the leasing and finance industry is a plus.
Primary responsibilities are to assist with accounting and portfolio management operations of Merchants Bank Equipment Finance. Activities include posting cash receipts, closing out paid contracts, UCC and insurance maintenance, managing ACH activity, rental billings, preparing pay-off calculations and assisting the Controller and Vice President of Portfolio Management with accounting functions and portfolio administration functions, respectively.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounting: This position will include a mix of daily responsibilities along with providing assistance and backup to the Controller in all accounting functions. Responsibilities will include daily cash postings, processing rental billings, preparing pay-off calculations, managing ACH activity, maintaining contract files, GL account balancing and monthly reporting,
Lease administration: This position will assist the Vice President of Portfolio Management, as needed, in traditional lease administration functions. These activities will include securing updated insurance certificates, renewing and terminating UCC filings within appropriate timeframes and closing out all terminated or expired finance contracts.
Customer Relationships: While not directly responsible for the origination of new business, this position is expected to regularly represent the organization in communication and interaction with customers and lease syndication partners.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management to assist other departments, as necessary.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function for this job.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
Other Duties as Assigned: The operations of Merchants Bank Equipment Finance are managed by a small group of professionals. As a result, this position will be required to assist the organization in matters not specifically outlined in this job description on an as needed basis.
This position involves a comfortable inside working environment with very low noise. The office environment does not involve any chemical hazards in office and, in general, the working environment is very clean and aesthetically appealing.
Work is performed primarily sitting at a desk; very minimal degree of lifting, should not exceed 15 lbs. Requires average finger dexterity to operate normal office equipment; such as computer, adding machine, etc. Requires good eye/finger coordination.
Education & Skills:
- An associate or bachelor degree in accounting, or a degree in business administration with a strong background in finance or accounting or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience carrying out comparable functions is preferred and previous work experience in the leasing and finance industry is a plus.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage many tasks or projects concurrently is required. Excellent organizational skills are a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid skills in a Windows-based Microsoft Office computer environment. Previous experience with Lotus Notes is a plus.
Responsible to the Controller of MBEF for the proper interpretation of duties. Will have extensive contact with MBEF staff members, bank personnel and customers of MBEF.