Merchants Bank, Winona, has an opening for a Residential Appraisal Specialist. Duties involve managing the daily appraisal order process for Residential mortgage loan types, follow-up and support for lender, and customers, and ensuring standards are met. Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, and have excellent communication skills. Mortgage knowledge and experience preferred.
Work is performed under minimal supervision according to established policies and procedures; emphasis of this position is to manage the daily appraisal order process for Residential mortgage loan types. Provides continuous follow-up and support for lenders and customers on various types of appraisals. Ensures the Bank is adhering to FIRREA Regulation and USPAP Standards. A variety of computer input is related to this job.
This position requires a well-organized and motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain follow through as needed.
- Coordinate the placement of appraisal orders and ensure timely receipt from appraisers;
- Monitor the appraisal helpdesk and email group on a daily basis;
- Provide input and assist with enhancement of appraisal process within Encompass;
- Complete appraisal reviews on files that are eligible for value rep and warrant relief from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac;
- Ensure independence between the appraisers and lenders;
- Ensure adherence to bank procedure & policy as it relates to the Appraisal – Evaluation Policy and Appraiser Review Policy;
- Point of contact for adding new appraisers to the approved appraiser list;
- Resolve and provide solutions to lenders regarding disputes along with tracking the disputes and results of the dispute;
- Track appraiser complaints and performance;
- Works to resolve any potential regulatory violations in loan files;
- Maintain procedures for job duties;
- Maintain approved appraiser list;
- Update appraiser licenses and check enforcement actions on annual basis;
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to ensure that internal and
- external customers receive exceptional customer service and maintain
- customer/employee confidentiality;
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions within the employee’s own department as well as other areas of the bank;
- Employee will demonstrate good time management skills while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- Adherence to compliance with laws concerning financial institutions is a must;
- Work is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner;
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of this job;
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business
- Occasional backup for MRG, as needed.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education is preferred. Will be required to take standard appraisal training courses as directed by the bank
- Working knowledge and understanding of USPAP and FIRREA is required.
Inside working environment, very low noise level, work performed primarily sitting at a desk. Requires finger dexterity to operate office equipment.
Requires above-average aptitude in the area of math/number skills. Accuracy shall be a top priority of this position.
Amiable personality with ability to stand firm on decisions to ensure legal and compliance adherence. Must be excellent team worker. Employee must be willing to perform independently and be a self-motivator. Employee must have excellent communication to keep workflow balanced and moving forward.
Reports to the Underwriting Manager for fulfillment of duties, responsibilities, authority, and for proper interpretation.
Will mainly have contact with internal staff. Expected to always conduct self in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the Bank.