Merchants Bank, Winona, has an opening for a part-time Scanning Clerk. This position will generally be 4 days/week, 25-30 hours/week. This highly detailed position involves scanning loan documents, quality review, and conducting research. Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently.
Work is performed under minimal supervision according to established procedures; emphasis of this position is to scan various documents into the bank’s file retention software (LQAS). The individual serving in this role is expected to understand computers, scanners and will be responsible for maintaining the quality of the images produced.
- Scan various documents into LQAS
- Verify quality of scanned documents and ensure a quality image is produced
- File source documents that have been scanned in permanent storage as needed
- Assist with special projects including bulk file storage clean-up
- Perform scanner maintenance to ensure quality on all documents
- Conduct research as needed
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive exceptional customer service and maintain customer/employee confidentiality.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions within the employee’s own department as well as other areas of the bank.
- Employee will demonstrate good time management skills while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Adherence to compliance with laws concerning financial institutions is a must.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Solid analytical, organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Skill in customer relations, such as the ability to respond with sensitivity and sense of urgency to customer needs or requests.
- Proficient knowledge of personal computers and applications.
- Strong planning ability, attention to details, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to work on various duties with interruptions.
Self-motivated individual that works well with a team or individually as necessary. Personable, interacts well with customers and co-workers.
Little or no discomfort caused by environmental factors. Some exposure to mental/visual fatigue resulting from repetition and checking for quality.