Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking a Secondary Marketing Specialist. This position will support the following secondary market department areas: lock desk, loan purchasing, loan delivery, and trailing documents. Also involved in strategic procedural initiatives of the department, communications, and functional support to each role as needed. Must have a strong mortgage background, communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills. Prior Secondary Marketing or Capital Markets experience preferred.
Please apply in person at Merchants Bank, Winona, 102 E 3rd Street, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail NLMessenger@merchantsbank.com with a cover letter and resume or to request an application.
The Secondary Market Specialist will report directly to the AVP Secondary Market and serve as a subject matter expert within the secondary market departments. The successful candidate will provide support in the following secondary market department areas: lock desk, loan purchasing, loan delivery, and trailing documents. This position will support the AVP Secondary Market in strategic procedural initiatives for the department, communications, and functional support in each role as needed.
The successful candidate will have a strong mortgage background to go along with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly learn new systems is a must. This person must also have excellent communication skills to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with other departments within the bank.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide operational support (including training) to existing and newly hired staff in the secondary market department.
- Work with staff in problem solving and recommend ways to help prevent issues.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all agency/ investor / federal guidelines as well as Merchants Bank policies and procedures.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service to all internal / external clients.
- Directly resolve or coordinate resolution of client related issues.
- Work to maintain 100% maximum output and efficiencies with staff.
- Report to management any issues with policies/procedures and make recommendations for change to improve efficiencies.
- Work with other mortgage operations departments to ensure/maintain effective communication and resolve issues.
- Participate in various projects and feedback sessions to positively impact workflow, policies/procedures, and system enhancements.
- Provide a positive work environment to invite staff participation and contribution to the development of a high level of service quality. This includes but is not limited to the ability to coach, mentor, and raise level of talent throughout the department.
- Respond to audit requests and exceptions as needed.
- Provide reports as needed detailing accomplishments, challenges, key initiatives, production measurements and turn times.
- Creates and implements an action plan and a feedback loop for continuous improvement.
- Seeks and implements system and process enhancements to increase productivity or quality.
- Works closely with cross functional teams to meet business objectives.
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
- Learn and perform job duties in each area of the secondary market department to provide back-up as needed.
- Compile any bulletin articles for the secondary market departments
- Assist with the development/maintenance of department procedures and policies
- Assist with researching potential new investor policies and guidelines as they relate to pricing, purchasing, loan delivery and trailing docs
Education, Training and Experience:
- Experience with Optimal Blue and Ellie Mae Encompass preferred.
- Mortgage experience preferred.
- Prior Secondary Marketing or Capital Markets experience preferred.
- Strong Mathematical/ Analytical Skills, Deductive Reasoning and Attention to Detail required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience as a trainer or resource expert is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal and external customers, and the public.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Independent, self-directive, team player with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
Mastery: 10-Key, Alphanumeric Data Entry
Intermediate: Accounting, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Basic: Contact Management, Database, Presentation/PowerPoint
Highly repetitive, low physical, low noise, controlled temperature, minimum distractions. Must be able to lift ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.