Merchants Bank has an opening for a Senior Business Systems Analyst. This position can work remotely within a commutable distance to Winona, MN.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Business Systems Analyst is to contribute to the future vision and ongoing technical strategy of the business, with a concentration in the mortgage department. Do research and development on new or enhanced products and make recommendations for use and implementation. Needs to be fluent with both the technical and the business aspects of the bank, including mortgage, and have the ability to collaborate with end users to provide input and implement new processes/products/applications. Oversee all aspects of the mortgage systems and software to include setup, maintenance, testing and implementation of system updates, creating reports, training, and troubleshooting.
Must have an undergraduate degree in business, technical, finance or related field and two years of related work experience preferably in the mortgage field. Must possess strong technical, analytical, organizational skills and have strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be self-motivated and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Visio, and have a basic understanding of mortgage systems. Should have amiable personality and be a team player. 2+ years of mortgage banking experience and Encompass Administrator Certification preferred. 2+ years of technical software support or project management experience preferred. Candidate must possess technical capabilities along with a customer service mindset to drive and achieve customer satisfactionPlease apply in person at Merchants Bank, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail NLMessenger@merchantsbank.com with a cover letter and resume or to request an application.
- Research and development of existing and future products to enhance efficiencies and automation.
- Monitor integrated applications to ensure systems are operating as expected.
- Responsible for new releases, test plans, and the testing environment.
- Administrator for Encompass features and overall functionality.
- Oversee and communicate system changes timely to impacted areas.
- Document system workflows and business processes, and determine and communicate the impact of proposed enhancements or changes.
- Collaborate with other areas of mortgage, IT or third-party vendors on business plan objectives and other projects to ensure alignment on priorities.
- Assist with vendor management reviews.
- Utilize BI, including BI with Data Connect, to create reports and dashboards for accurate reporting, risk mitigation and enhanced automation.
- Maintain TPO website and web design through Encompass TPO Connect
- Administer, implement, and train on expanded Mortgage Help Desk functionality
- Primary administrator of all mortgage technology systems
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Mortgage System Specialist to assure proper system configuration and functionality.
- Mortgage Tech Help Desk – provide responses to issues and utilize helpdesk technology.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Encompass system and websites that are under Merchants Bank control including, but not limited to, version updates, product updates and/or additions, user permissions, and site functionality.
- Responsible for Encompass system configuration, business rules, template design and implementation, dynamic data management and customization.
- Responsible for maintenance and updates of all other mortgage related systems and interfaces. This includes, but is not limited to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, RD, Flood, Factual Data, and MHFA. This role interacts with various mortgage system providers in order to maximize the vendor relationship and resolve technical support issues in a timely manner. May be responsible for maintenance and updates to other systems and interfaces as assigned.
- Prepare production and statistical reports to provide records for tracking, auditing, and managing purposes.
- Serves as liaison with IT for projects, system enhancements, etc.
- Consistently provide courteous and professional service to internal and external customers.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Adherence to compliance with laws concerning financial institutions.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
- Working in collaboration with the project management and business areas, the project owner, and IT, define the scope of projects in your area of expertise.
- Create or facilitate a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Contribute to the evaluation of resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities and receive stakeholder buy-in.
- Develop and review the project schedule with appropriate input from those affected by the project activities; revise schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at it completion. IE, help the sponsors/owners define success.
Inside working environment, very low noise level, maintain professional atmosphere.
Work is performed primarily sitting at a desk. Requires a high degree of flexibility and capable of working in a team environment.
Requires above-average aptitude in the area of evaluation/reasoning skills. Above-average skill in the area of problem analysis and problem solving. Ability to speak with clarity and articulate thoughts and ideas well. Must be able to remain calm under pressure and relate to all type of personalities.
Undergraduate degree in business, technical, finance or related field and two years of related work experience preferably in the mortgage field. Must possess strong technical, analytical, organizational skills and have strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be self-motivated and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously. Must be proficient in MS WORD, Excel, Visio, and have a basic understanding of mortgage systems. Should have amiable personality and be a team player.
- 2+ years of mortgage banking experience and Encompass Administrator Certification preferred
- 2+ years of technical software support or project management experience preferred
- Candidate must possess technical capabilities along with a customer service mindset to drive and achieve customer satisfaction
Responsible to the Vice President/Project Management with day to day direction and clarification of position responsibilities, authority and proper interpretation provided by the Vice President/Mortgage Operations Manager.
Position will have extensive interaction with IT, Project Management, Bank mortgage staff, Correspondent Banks’ mortgage staff, as well as external mortgage technology vendors. Must have ability to work in a team environment. Personal manner to enhance the overall professional image of the Bank and confidentiality is a must.
Position can work remotely within a commutable distance to Winona, MN.