We have a great opportunity for you to join our energetic team as a full-time Teller/Customer Service Representative in Winona at our Lakeside location (627 Mankato Ave).
In this position you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and building relationships with our customers. Job duties include assessing customer needs, opening new accounts, maintaining account information, and processing all types of banking transactions. 2 years of customer service and cash handling experience required. Teller or banking experience preferred.
The Teller role is considered one of our most critical front-line customer contact positions, as our customers have direct contact with tellers for 85% of all their banking transactions. Tellers are responsible for all cash-related transactions, in addition to transactions involving paper documents. The position requires good basic, general knowledge of all banking operations.
In the Customer Service Representative role you will proactively provide assistance to customers in determining products and services which best meet their needs. Is fully knowledgeable of all bank deposit products and services. Assist customers in retail product selections by profiling, presenting features and benefits, and asking for the sale. Represents the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands business relationships, enhances the Bank’s image and contributes to growth.
Teller Job Functions:
Tellers play a vital role in providing service. For many customers, tellers are their primary contact with the bank. Customer Service is measured by the degree to which the teller provides excellent service to customers and maintains constructive relationships with co-workers to ensure a more positive working atmosphere.
- Acknowledges customers’ presence promptly with a “come on in” feeling and aware of their surroundings and engaged in what is occurring
- Sets aside their other work when customers approach
- Exchanges a greeting, smiles, and calls the customer by name
- Listens carefully to the customers’ requests, makes eye contact, clarifies facts and summarizes needs
- Demonstrates enthusiasm in handling customers’ transactions
- Explains banking procedures to customers in understandable terms avoiding Bank jargon
- Assists customers in the completion of bank forms, tickets, etc.
- Politely refers customers to a Customer Service Representative when necessary
- Thanks the customer by name for their business and offers further assistance
- Anticipates customer traffic and plans accordingly to ensure customers are served promptly and efficiently
- Seeks assistance and guidance from co-workers in a timely and polite manner
- Cooperates with others and is effective in establishing working relationships
- Makes suggestions/referrals to enhance customer relationships
- Offers hospitality to waiting customers
Specific skills demonstrating work habits include:
- Complies with audit regulations
- Processes transactions efficiently and accurately
- Develops speed in balancing the teller window
- Maintains a neat and organized work area
- Projects a well groomed and professional appearance
- Adheres to bank policy on absenteeism and the establish work hours
- Cooperates with other staff members and responds to supervisory guidance and direction, asked good questions, listens and does the appropriate detective work to either help themselves or our customers
- Assumes additional responsibilities such as ATM, cash items, vault, etc.
- Adheres to bank guidelines on handling CTR transactions, Reg E, and overall compliance
Customer Service Representative Job Functions:
- Must be able to assess the needs of the customer and determine how to best meet the customers’ needs when opening new checking, savings, CDs, and IRA accounts, as well as account services.
- Refer customers to other retail divisions, i.e. loan, mortgage, investment, etc.
- Perform all new account functions.
- Complete all necessary forms to ensure accurate opening and closing of accounts. Comply with all CSR policies and procedures.
- Respond to all customers inquires and forwards any appropriate requests to other departments.
- Complete necessary documentation for any account maintenance changes and ensures that the change is completed. Follow maintenance and closed account procedures for all types of deposit accounts.
- Complete the entire IRA process including sales and on-going maintenance.
- Accept and process check orders for all checking accounts.
- Disseminate information regarding legal issues, to protect customers and retailers against fraud.
- Accurately submit all customer forms on Mernet such as address changes, debit cards, privacy codes, etc.
- Cross-Sell additional Merchants Bank products and services.
- Responsible to update central file information when working with account portfolios & compliance regulated forms.
- Call customers regarding promotions and CD renewals. Make follow up and courtesy calls.
- Open/Close/Maintain Safe Deposit Boxes.
- Order/Cash Savings Bonds.
- Active and willing participant in all marketing and promotional activities.
- Willing to work trade shows and promotional events on evenings and weekends.
- Cross sell with the minimum goal being 3 products per account/relationship.
- Decision solution penetration of 20% or better.
- Work to meet established goal regarding credit card balance transfers.
- Make outside calls with a business development specialist or key person per quarter and participate in one partnership banking visits with an approved business customer per year (in applicable markets).
- Be involved in community activities to actively promote the bank.
- Review the daily overdraft report to proactively catch your customers before they default
- Be proficient and able to assist customers on the systems including internet banking products, bill pay, e statements, mobile banking, telephone banking and anything else the customer may need assistance with.
- Collecting Privacy Codes/Security word – Email addresses, cell numbers.
Specific skills demonstrating dependability include:
- Works independently
- Stays focused under pressure
- Completes work in a timely manner
- Arrives to work as scheduled
- Accepts accountability
- Adapts well to change
- Flexible to changing needs, such as staffing needs for the Branch
- Is confidential (Internal and External)
- Is a team player
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Employees will be expected to complete compliance assignments as needed.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Adherence to compliance with laws concerning financial institutions and completion of compliance courses as required for job description.
- Performs any and all other duties, as assigned, to increase performance of Merchants.
Inside environmental conditions. No environmental hazards such as chemicals. Constant use of equipment, including, but not limited to, use of phones, fax machine, copier, coin machine, adding machine, and computer.
Predominately standing for extended periods, walking between units. Lifting and carrying of coin not in excess of 35 lbs. Average ability in manual dexterity, finger dexterity, and motor coordination. Able to speak, see, and hear.
Responsible to Lead Teller and/or Teller Administrator for fulfillment of Teller functions.
Will have extensive contact with internal and external customers, and is to conduct relationships in a manner that will enhance overall image of the Bank.