Merchants Bank, Winona, has an opening for a temporary Human Resources Administrative Assistant. This temporary position would be 10-15 hours/week and will end on or before December 31, 2021.
This position provides administrative support in a variety of areas to assist the Human Resource and Training Departments. Must be organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently. Excellent computer and communication skills required.
Provides administrative support to the Human Resource and Training departments. Requires a well-organized individual who interacts well with others. Handles a high degree of confidential material.
- Sort and distribute/scan mail
- Scanning projects and file correspondence
- Assist posting employment advertisements, due diligence items and references, and follow-up letters/emails to applicants
- Assist with the set up of new employees and training agendas
- Assist with employee termination and transfer check list items
- Put Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Info on spreadsheet
- Quarterly checks on Audit Compliance Background checks
- Gather information, print, laminate and distribute employee ID badges
- Employee personnel file maintenance
- Assist with coordinating wellness programs
- Assist in preparing Teller staffing models
- Assist with long term HR projects
- Research various HR topics.
- Assist the training and payroll areas as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner
Physical Working Conditions:
Inside working environment, some machine noise.
Primarily requires sitting at a desk. PC work requires good eyesight and the ability to focus quickly.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite programs
- Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone and through email.
- Must have the ability to prioritize workflow.
- Ability to work and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision or follow up
- Good organization, efficiency, and ability to prioritize work. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to contribute in a team oriented environment to ensure departmental and organization wide goals are met.
Responsible to the SVP/Chief Human Resources Officer for the fulfillment of duties, responsibilities, and for proper interpretation of role. Will work closely with other members of the Human Resources and Training departments for support and task assignment.