Merchants Bank established in 1875 is a growing, employee-owned company, dedicated to a philosophy of community banking with total company wide assets of over $2.5 billion. Due to continued growth, we are searching for a Treasury Management Sales Officer Lead to direct and grow treasury management operations locations within our markets.
The Treasury Management Sales Officer Lead is responsible for the ongoing sales of all Treasury Management (TM) offerings to Merchants Banks business customers. The TM Sales Officer Lead works in close coordination with Treasury Management Sales and Service staff. In collaboration with all engaged TM staff, the TM Sales Officer Lead serves as the architect of product design and service delivery to all TM customers. This will include: technical sales involvement, product management, product implementation, daily client service delivery, talent development and staffing, business risk management, strategic planning, centralized documentation management, third party vendor management, system design/administration, and coordination with Deposit Operations. Provides leadership and oversight of the sales activity for the Commercial Online Banking channel to ensure online banking customers (including Deposit on Demand and Mobile Banking) receive an outstanding customer experience.
The TM Sales Officer Lead is responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer experiences; embracing a commitment of “One Merchants”; and delivery of revenue and earnings optimization for long term relevance.
A Business Administration, Information Technology, or related degree is preferred with a minimum of 7 years of experience in financial institution sales and/or operations. Comprehensive prior experience in the management and operations of TM products and services is required. Excellent interpersonal skills to include written and verbal communications. Must have a proven history of teamwork, independence, organization, sound judgment, effective communication, change management, team and people building skills, achievement of results, and leadership ability.
This position can be based out of any Merchants Bank location upon mutual agreement but travel to the offices within the assigned region will be an expectation.
Competitive salary and benefit package provided, including an ESOP. Apply online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, mail resume and cover letter to Merchants Bank, Attn: Beth Ede, CHRO, 102 East 3rd St., Winona, MN 55987, or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for external applicants is March 19, 2021.
Responsible for the ongoing sales of all Treasury Management (TM) offerings to Merchants Banks business customers. Works in close coordination with Treasury Management Sales and Service staff. In collaboration with all engaged TM staff, the TM Sales Officer Lead serves as the architect of product design and service delivery to all TM customers. This will include: technical sales involvement, product management, product implementation, daily client service delivery, talent development and staffing, business risk management, strategic planning, centralized documentation management, third party vendor management, system design/administration, and coordination with Deposit Operations. Provides leadership and oversight of the sales activity for the Commercial Online Banking channel to ensure online banking customers (including Deposit on Demand and Mobile Banking) receive an outstanding customer experience.
- Technical Sales: Engage with Commercial Banking, TM Sales and Retail Banking employees in the sale of TM products providing technical expertise on product capabilities and functionality.
- Product Management: Evaluate new and existing products as to customer demand, profitability, functionality, availability, and the ability of Merchants Bank to effectively deliver TM products.
- Product Implementation: Upon the event of a TM product sale, manage and coordinate with other associates the documentation, implementation, and training of the sold product for effective customer utilization.
- Daily Client Service Delivery: Upon implementation of a TM product and thereafter, ensure the responsive and reliable delivery of service to all customers orchestrated through TM Sales and Service, TM Operations, Retail Banking Associates and Deposit Operations.
- Talent Development and Staffing: Recruit, develop and retain high quality TM Sales talent who possess a passion for service and teamwork. Establish a high level of task clarity and establish reasonable expectations for performance. Foster a diverse, supportive, and enjoyable workplace.
- Business Risk Management: Mitigate all aspects of risk via rigorous and perpetual administration of the Bank’s TM control environment on transactions and information security. Maintain compressive client identification practices, training, and documentation. Ensure a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan is maintained and integrated with internal department dependencies. Have knowledge of and ensure compliance with applicable banking regulations.
- Strategic Planning: Coordinate the creation and implementation of an effective strategic plan for TM product development and service delivery.
- Centralized Documentation Management: Ensure each client TM product application is properly documented on Merchants Banks master TM agreement and product addendums and maintain these documents centrally. Routinely seek counsel review of the standard TM documentation to ensure all appropriate language and protections are addressed.
- Third Party Vendor Management: Manage all aspects of Merchants Banks relationship and interaction with all third-party vendors of services related to the Bank’s TM product offerings. Complete Third-Party Vendor management assessments as appropriate, maintain active working relationships with vendor reps, and attend user conferences as appropriate.
- System Design/Administration: Serve as the architect and administrator of Merchants Banks internal and external systems, both human and automated, utilized to provide the functionality for all TM product offerings.
- Coordination with Deposit Operations: Coordinate the seamless deliver of all TM products which required engagement by Merchants Banks Deposit Operations department.
- Demonstrates the highest level of professionalism, efficiency and customer service when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Completes all assigned required training in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner to ensure their receipt of outstanding service.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
- Business Administration, Information Technology, or related Degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in financial institution sales and/or operations.
- Comprehensive prior experience in the management and operations of TM products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include written and verbal communications.
- Requires standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, reaching and extending hands/arms; ability to see and hear within normal parameters; ability to bend, squat, and stoop as needed.
- Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Teamwork – exceptional ability to interact with and maintain highly functional relationships with a diverse collection of clients and associates.
- Independence – makes decisions and solves problems without close supervision.
- Organization – manages time and priorities, schedules and delegates work and manage workflow to achieve business results in a timely manner.
- Sound judgment – applies knowledge of the business and tasks and uses common sense and analysis to make the best decisions.
- Effective communication – shares information and encourages candid, open dialog. Ensures that information is shared and employees have access to information needed to perform tasks effectively.
- Change management – accepts that change is inevitable and embraces change with innovation, courage and resiliency.
- Team and people building skills – carefully recruits new team members, acts as a mentor and coach; sets clear, realistic expectations, provides candid, timely feedback, enthusiastically helps others resolve problems, improve, develop new skills and reach goals; recognizes and rewards strong performance and accomplishments.
- Achievement of Results – directs own actions and the actions of others toward producing results that are critical to the success of the organization.
- Leadership ability – sets an example for others by demonstrating a strong work ethic, promoting organizational values, acting with truth, sincerity and fairness, thereby earning respect and trust among peers and staff. Develops and articulates a clear vision. Creates an atmosphere that fosters motivation and high performance levels. Makes decisions that support the organization’s goals, values and best interests.
Physical Working Conditions:
Primarily requires sitting at a desk. PC work requires good eyesight and ability to focus quickly.
Responsible to the Regional President – Winona & South for the fulfillment of duties, responsibilities, and for proper interpretation of role.
We have extensive contact with internal staff as well as external candidates. Must conduct self in a manner that will enhance the overall Merchants image.