Merchants Bank, Winona, is seeking an individual to join our Treasury Management Sales Support department. This position will assist external and internal customers with Treasury Management with online banking solutions. This position will have telephone customer contact daily. Must be proficient in knowledge of personal computers, applications, and digital channels. Must also have strong communication and problem-solving skills. Call center experience preferred.
This is a highly responsible position which will assist all customers, external and internal, with Treasury Management sales, service, processing and various operation duties. This position will have customer contact on a daily basis. The individual serving this role will need to be responsible for supporting the Treasury Management Sales team and Treasury Management customers. They will need to have strong knowledge of all Treasury Management products and services but especially in regard to the digital channels accessed by customers.
- Will monitor customer feedback and make suggestions to Management for improvement.
- Will conduct research for customers on Treasury Management issues as needed.
- Will have frequent contact with vendors for Treasury Management products – including Commercial Center, Positive Pay, Deposit on Demand, Check Free, Centrix, and others in order to assist customers and work on system enhancements.
- Will attend meetings as required.
- Will assist in conversions and any upgrades.
- Will assist with software selection and the due diligence process on Treasury Management products.
- Will be the department that is the business owner for Treasury Management software products.
- Will assist with bank acquisitions.
- Will prepare requested reports for management or sales team for Treasury Management.
- Will serve as the resource for creating policies or procedures for Treasury Management Operations.
- Will serve as a backup for the Wire Transfer and Vault areas.
- Will conduct enrollments and maintenance on Commercial Center applications as they arise.
- Will assist with customer questions, responding by various forms of communication in a timely manner.
- Will print reports on a daily basis and make all necessary entries.
- Will have frequent contact with various vendors in regards to Treasury Management products.
- Responsible for Positive Pay set-up, ACH Blocks/Filters set-up and customer communication, Fed EDI set-up and notifications, Remote Deposit Capture set-up/support, ACH set-up/support, RPA set-up, special mailing of Analysis Statements, end of month charges billing/posting, ACH returns and NOC’s.
- Maintain Treasury Management database as requested by sales team.
- Track over limits of Remote Deposit Capture.
- Complete required quarterly reports for RDC (management report and user access/status report).
- RDC scanner inventory license management and invoicing (customer and bank).
- Annual Argos scan and database update.
- Coordinate annual ACH and RDC compliance mailings.
- Maintain master customer agreements and any updates.
- Coordinate audits and respond to audit findings pertaining to the operations area of the Treasury Management area.
- Research any ACH item that requires special attention – follow up with any bank for returns with the necessary research and paperwork.
- Assist with risk assessments on any new products.
- Training as required for position.
- Any other business customer Treasury Management activities.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of banking systems, products and services.
- Ability to learn multiple systems and be strong in all Treasury Management areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including strong verbal and written skills. All communication is done via the telephone or the computer.
- Solid analytical, organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Skill in customer relations, such as the ability to respond with sensitivity and sense of urgency to customer needs or requests.
- Proficient knowledge of personal computers and applications and in the technology related to Treasury Management systems.
- Strong planning ability, attention to details, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to work on various duties with interruptions.
Self-motivated individual that works well with a team or individually as necessary. Personable, interacts well with customers and co-workers. Patience and common sense.
Little or no discomfort caused by environmental factors. Some exposure to mental/visual fatigue resulting from research of complex systems issues.