Merchants Bank, Winona, has an opening for a Wire Transfer Assistant. This position involves funds management and wire transfer functions, processing ACH files and outgoing domestic and foreign wires, process credit verifications, and reporting. Must be organized, have good initiative and analytical skills, and strong math aptitude and computer skills. Knowledge of ACH and general ledger accounting helpful.
This position involves funds management and wire transfer functions for the Merchants Financial Group, Inc., affiliate banks. The individual will process ACH files and outgoing domestic and foreign wires.
This position requires a thorough knowledge of ACH, Fedline requirements, general ledger accounting, and processing incoming and outgoing wires on a domestic and international basis. Necessary qualities include organizational ability, initiative, analytical skills, strong math aptitude, and strong computer literacy.
- Process incoming and outgoing wire transfers, on both a domestic and international basis, for all banks.
- Interaction with Merchants Financial Group, Inc., affiliate bank personnel, as well as downstream correspondent banks.
- Transfer ACH files and batches for all banks.
- Compile data for the FR2900 reporting weekly
- Answer ACH questions.
- Keep wire transfer manuals up to date.
- Credit verifications, voms,vods, audit confirms.
- Cross-trained to get daily mortgage security rates and update CBS.
- Cross-trained to update and check back Loan Index Rates.
- MN & WI Housing trust quarterly reporting
- MN & WI Lawyer trust account monthly reporting
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
Inside working environment, comfortable working temperature. Low noise. No environmental hazards, such as chemicals. Overall, the working environment is very clean and aesthetically appealing.
Work will be performed predominately sitting at a desk, very low degree of lifting. Lifting will generally not require over 35 pounds in weight.
Position will require average finger dexterity to operate normal office equipment, such as computer, calculator, etc. Requires ability to articulate clearly.
Position will require above-average ability or aptitude in areas of reasoning, intelligence, organizational skills, initiative, analytical skills, and numerical perception. Position requires ability to manage time and work effectively, and possess oral communication skills and strong computer literacy.
Responsible to Treasury Management/Wire Transfer Officer for fulfillment of functions and responsibilities. Will have telephone contact with Fed Reserve, correspondent banks, affiliate banks, and customers to assist with a variety of matters, and must interact in a manner that is conducive to an effective and efficient operation of Merchants Financial Group.