Detect fraudulent checks presented to your business accounts through our business fraud prevention tool, Positive Pay. With this Cash Management tool, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that only checks matching your pre-approved list are automatically paid. All other checks presented for payment must receive authorization or may be rejected by your business to prevent check fraud.
How does Positive Pay Work?
- Each day, your business provides the Bank with an electronic inventory of the checks you have issued. This is delivered to the Bank via the secure Positive Pay website.
- This file is added to previous files of uncleared checks.
- When the checks presented on your business account each day are processed, they are compared to the check file. Any discrepancies are listed on the secure website.
- Your company administrator simply logs in when they receive notice of a discrepancy to approve or reject those checks that appear as exceptions. (Your company administrator also manages company user access to Positive Pay as necessary.)
Benefits of Positive Pay
- Eliminate the possibility of check fraud
- No hardware purchase is required and if you have access to the internet you can use the Positive Pay service
Which businesses should use Positive Pay?
Your business would benefit from using Positive Pay if you:
- Have a high volume of checks with potential for fraudulent activity
- Want the added assurance of knowing only approved checks will post to their account
- Issue checks to the general public that are easily subject to fraud
To get started, contact a Cash Management Specialist or Commercial Banker. Discover the Merchants Bank difference.
From online access to your bank accounts, to fraud detection and prevention, we offer solutions to help maximize your cash flow and make your business more efficient. Learn more about our other Cash Management tools for security and management.
*Subject to approval