Important Reminders for All of Our Customers
- Your FDIC insured Bank deposits are safe. Read the latest from the FDIC.
- We are aware of an increase in fraud and scam activity. Be aware of coronavirus scams for individual and businesses.
Community Update: July 31, 2020
Face Covering Requirement in Wisconsin
On 7/30/20, Governor Evers announced Emergency Executive Order #82 requiring Wisconsinites to wear a face covering in all public indoor spaces and indoor businesses. The mandate goes into effect on Saturday, August 1. Face masks are required to enter any of our Wisconsin branch locations. If you prefer not to wear one, we are happy to serve you in our drive-up facility. If you are unable to wear a face mask due to a medical reason, please advise us immediately upon entry so we may accommodate you.
Community Update: July 23, 2020
Face Mask Requirement in Minnesota
On 7/22/20, Governor Walz announced Emergency Executive Order 20-81 requiring Minnesotans to wear a face covering in all public indoor spaces and indoor businesses. The mandate goes into effect on Saturday, July 25. Face masks are required to enter any of our Minnesota branch locations. If you prefer not to wear one, we are happy to serve you in our drive-up facility. If you are unable to wear a face mask due to a medical reason, please advise us immediately upon entry so we may accommodate you.
Community Update: June 16, 2020
Lobby Reopenings and Visiting Guidelines
Based on guidance from local and state agencies, we will reopen our bank lobbies to limited visitor traffic on Monday, June 22. To keep our customers, employees and communities safe and healthy, we are implementing the following guidelines. Although we enjoy seeing our customers, we will still strongly encourage use of alternative banking methods – such as Online & Mobile Banking, Telephone Banking, calling a branch or our Drive-Up facilities –whenever possible, instead of visiting our lobbies.
How We’re Protecting You
- Complimentary hand sanitizing stations throughout our branches
- Distance markers and guides on our floors to ensure proper social distancing of at least six feet.
- Shields in front of teller windows.
- Limiting the number of customers in our lobbies at a time, depending on the size of the branch.
How You Can Help Protect Others While Visiting Our Lobbies
- Make an appointment with your Banker in advance by calling a branch.
- Observe social distancing of at least six feet and refrain from gathering in groups.
- Consider wearing a face mask. Complimentary ones will be available. You may be asked to temporarily remove your mask for identification purposes. Please note that face masks are required at our Rochester locations by order of Mayor Norton as of July 8, 2020 and Winona locations by order of Mayor Peterson as of July 10, 2020.
- Use our complimentary hand sanitizer before conducting bank business.
- Cover your mouth or nose when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of tissues and sanitize your hands before continuing your bank business.
If you have questions about these procedures, please contact your local branch prior to visiting. These procedures will remain in effect until further notice.
Community Update: May 18, 2020
Bank Lobbies Remain Temporarily Closed
Like many of you, we listened closely on May 14 to the changes announced to the Minnesota Safe at Home and are monitoring specific County Health guidance in Wisconsin as a result of the State Supreme Court striking down Safer at Home orders. The health and safety of our customers, employees and community members remains our top priority. With this in mind, and because we can effectively meet all your banking needs through other channels, our lobbies will remain temporarily closed to public access at this time.
We are preparing to cautiously reopen our lobbies at a date in the near future, yet to be determined. Our ultimate goal, as we make these preparations, is the health and safety of all. Thank you for your patience and understanding as you continue to use alternative banking methods including our drive-through facilities, phone and video conference meetings with your Banker and Online & Mobile Banking and Telephone Banking. Please review the specific questions below for more details.
Why isn't Merchants Bank reopening their lobbies now?
While we are preparing to reopen our lobbies in the near future, we want to make sure our customers and employees are conducting bank business in a safe environment that follows local and state agency guidance. We are working to put safety precautions in place and secure ample Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provisions for all 23 of our locations to accommodate visitor traffic.
Can I see my Banker now?
You may continue to make appointments with your local Banker for any business that cannot be conducted via phone, email or video conference. Call your local branch to schedule an appointment.
Will the Northfield lobbies remain closed after the May 15th conversion? What if I have a question about becoming a Merchants Bank customer?
Yes, the lobbies of both Merchants Bank-Northfield locations will remain temporarily closed at this time and will reopen when all Merchants Bank lobbies reopen. You may continue to make appointments with your local Banker for any business that cannot be conducted via phone, email or video conference. Call your Northfield branch to schedule an appointment or visit with your banker by phone or video conference. We're here to help with any questions you may have.
- Downtown Northfield: (507) 645-5656
- South Northfield: (507) 664-0820
When will Merchants Bank lobbies reopen?
Throughout the pandemic and for the past 8 weeks as we complied with executive orders for the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin, we have been open for business through multiple channels, including full transactional service through all of our drive-through facilities and by appointment. The date our lobbies will be reopening has yet to be determined, but we will communicate our approach to ramping up lobby activity very soon. We will notify our customers as soon as the date is set. If we have your email on file, please watch for an email from us. We'll also post information on our website, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
When lobbies reopen, will I conduct my in-person banking the same way?
When our lobbies reopen, visitor traffic across all of our locations will be subject to well-defined social distancing expectations that will be customized for each of our unique lobby situations, and we'll still encourage you to use alternative banking methods whenever possible. Additionally, for the health and safety of all, we'll be asking customers and employees to follow certain procedures and guidelines to include hand sanitizing, and advance scheduling of appointments with your banker whenever possible to help limit the number of visitors and wait times in our lobbies out of respect for all customers. All guidelines will be clear so you know what to expect. But yes, all types of banking transactions will be accommodated once our lobbies reopen.
Community Update: April 27, 2020
Update Regarding Regulation D Excessive Withdrawal Limitation Change
Currently you are allowed to make no more than 6 pre-authorized or phone transfers, or withdrawals to another of your bank accounts or to a third party per month. Due to events associated with the coronavirus pandemic, the Federal Reserve has temporarily removed these restrictions. Therefore, effective immediately, we are now able to allow you to make unlimited withdrawals from your savings account each month. We will not charge for any withdrawals over the original limits disclosed to you. All other terms of your account will remain in place. These changes will remain in effect until further notice.
Community Update: March 27, 2020
Update Regarding Lobby Availability and Appointment Access
Due to continued health and safety concerns for our customers, employees and the community - and to comply with the "Stay at Home" restrictions presently in force for Minnesota and Wisconsin - our lobbies remain temporarily closed while our drive-ups are open regular hours.
If you have banking needs beyond what can be conducted through our drive-up, we are able to accommodate nearly all business matters over the phone. We will only be granting appointments of an emergent nature or for safe deposit access. Please contact your local branch if you have questions.
Community Update: March 18, 2020
Update Regarding Our Lobby Closures
Beginning on Thursday, our clients may conduct their banking by:
- Drive-Up: Our Drive-Up facilities will remain open regular hours.
- Online & Mobile Banking: View transactions, transfer funds, pay bills and make mobile deposits. Sign in to your account or enroll now by visiting our home page.
- Telephone Banking: Automated access to account information 24/7 by calling 888-457-3444.
- ATM: Find access to any of 400+ ATMs, including nearly all Merchants Bank locations. Find ATMs near you.
- Night Depository: If you currently have access to our night depository, this access will continue.
- Special Services Phone Support: For inquires related to your debit card, credit card, loans or digital banking services, call our support departments.
- Personal Appointment:
- We will honor appointments you already have with your banker. Your banker will meet you at the bank door at your scheduled time.
- We are also taking appointments on a restricted basis for:
- Access to your Safe Deposit Box
- Opening, closing and servicing of accounts
- Mortgage and Consumer Loans
- Commercial Loans and Treasury Management services
- Investment Services and Trust Department
Community Update: March 13, 2020
To Our Customers and Community Members:
- Our bank lobby and drive-up facilities remain open with enhanced cleaning procedures for sanitization defined for each of our locations.
- Our full Executive Leadership Team is meeting regularly to review evolving guidance from county health agencies and medical professionals throughout our service area; if at any time there is guidance that would suggest any curtailment of normal business activities, we will respond aggressively and communicate with all affected stakeholders.
- We have mobilized a robust business continuity framework to ensure that all operational aspects of our business can be supported remotely by the extraordinary team of Merchants Bank employees to minimize any possible service disruption if worst-case scenarios develop within our service area.
- Be aware of possible coronavirus-related scams; unfortunately, there is exploitation activity that we have become aware of. See tips for avoiding coronavirus scams.
- Be familiar with your local Merchants Bank drive-up location hours, if you prefer not to enter a branch.
- Learn more about our Online Banking and Mobile Banking tools, so you can conduct your banking business without having to visit a branch if you so choose.
- You may receive false information regarding the security of your deposits, your ability to access cash, or need to provide the FDIC with personal information. Be aware of the scams. Learn more from the FDIC.
- Don’t click on links if you are unfamiliar with the source, which could download harmful viruses on your computer or device.
- Watch for scam emails from the Center for Disease Control or other medical professionals. The latest information should always be on their websites.
- Ignore online vaccinations offers as there are currently none that exist to treat or cure coronavirus.
- Be careful when making online donations.
- Educate yourself on ransomware computer attacks and how you can take precautions.