Your FDIC insured Bank deposits are safe. Read the latest from the FDIC.
Community Update: March 27, 2020
Update Regarding Lobby Availability and Appointment Access
Due to continued health and safety concerns for our customers, employees and the community - and to comply with the "Stay at Home" restrictions presently in force for Minnesota and Wisconsin - our lobbies remain temporarily closed while our drive-ups are open regular hours.
If you have banking needs beyond what can be conducted through our drive-up, we are able to accommodate nearly all business matters over the phone. We will only be granting appointments of an emergent nature or for safe deposit access. Please contact your local branch if you have questions.
Community Update: March 18, 2020
Update Regarding Our Lobby Closures
Beginning on Thursday, our clients may conduct their banking by:
- Drive-Up: Our Drive-Up facilities will remain open regular hours.
- Online & Mobile Banking: View transactions, transfer funds, pay bills and make mobile deposits. Sign in to your account or enroll now by visiting our home page.
- Telephone Banking: Automated access to account information 24/7 by calling 888-457-3444.
- ATM: Find access to any of 400+ ATMs, including nearly all Merchants Bank locations. Find ATMs near you.
- Night Depository: If you currently have access to our night depository, this access will continue.
- Special Services Phone Support: For inquires related to your debit card, credit card, loans or digital banking services, call our support departments.
- Personal Appointment:
- We will honor appointments you already have with your banker. Your banker will meet you at the bank door at your scheduled time.
- We are also taking appointments on a restricted basis for:
- Access to your Safe Deposit Box
- Opening, closing and servicing of accounts
- Mortgage and Consumer Loans
- Commercial Loans and Treasury Management services
- Investment Services and Trust Department
Community Update: March 13, 2020
To Our Customers and Community Members:
- Our bank lobby and drive-up facilities remain open with enhanced cleaning procedures for sanitization defined for each of our locations.
- Our full Executive Leadership Team is meeting regularly to review evolving guidance from county health agencies and medical professionals throughout our service area; if at any time there is guidance that would suggest any curtailment of normal business activities, we will respond aggressively and communicate with all affected stakeholders.
- We have mobilized a robust business continuity framework to ensure that all operational aspects of our business can be supported remotely by the extraordinary team of Merchants Bank employees to minimize any possible service disruption if worst-case scenarios develop within our service area.
- Be aware of possible coronavirus-related scams; unfortunately, there is exploitation activity that we have become aware of. See tips for avoiding coronavirus scams.
- Be familiar with your local Merchants Bank drive-up location hours, if you prefer not to enter a branch.
- Learn more about our Online Banking and Mobile Banking tools, so you can conduct your banking business without having to visit a branch if you so choose.
- You may receive false information regarding the security of your deposits, your ability to access cash, or need to provide the FDIC with personal information. Be aware of the scams. Learn more from the FDIC.
- Don’t click on links if you are unfamiliar with the source, which could download harmful viruses on your computer or device.
- Watch for scam emails from the Center for Disease Control or other medical professionals. The latest information should always be on their websites.
- Ignore online vaccinations offers as there are currently none that exist to treat or cure coronavirus.
- Be careful when making online donations.