At Merchants Investment Services, we believe that financial planning and investment management should begin with you. Our process is holistic in nature and begins with a simple conversation where we get to know you, your current financial picture and your future goals.Step 1: We listen.
We begin by asking questions to get to know you and your financial objectives, such as:
- Tell me a little bit about yourself.
- What would you like to accomplish from working with a financial advisor?
- If you could develop, improve, or change your situation or financial plan in any area, what would it be?
- What kind of experiences have you had working with financial advisors or other professionals?
- How confident are you that you’re in a position to meet your financial goals?
- What needs to happen over the next few years in order for you to feel that our relationship has been successful?
We believe that communicating openly about the type of investment partnership you’re seeking is critical to both your success and ours. We want to make sure that we understand your expectations of us and how we will work together after your financial plan has been developed – whether it be in-person meetings, regular phone calls, emails or all of the above.Step 3: We provide options.
While we offer a variety of products and solutions, we know they are not one-size-fits-all. We will take the time to review our offerings and recommend only those applicable to your specific financial situation and goals.Step 4: Together, we create a plan.
With your help, we decide on a path for the future, which could include all or some of these options.
- Creating a comprehensive financial plan.
- Creating a financial plan to meet a specific goal, such as answering questions like, “when can I retire,” or “how do I best save for my child’s education.”
- Implementing a specific solution, such as investing in an IRA or purchasing life insurance.
We want to help you reach your financial goals. Let’s get started. Contact one of our Financial Advisors or Consultants today.