- Press Release: First National Bank of Northfield Acquisition Announcement
- KYMN Radio Interview: Greg Evans, Merchants Bank, and Rick Estenson, First National Bank are interviewed by Jeff Johnson.
- Press Release: Merchants Bank Receives Regulatory Approval to Purchase First National Bank of Northfield
- Press Release: Merchants Financial Group, Inc. Completes Acquisition of First National Bank of Northfield
The Merchants Bank logo possesses a streamlined, forward and rhythmic motion to convey that Merchants Bank is a strong organization with an eye on the future. The three shapes, which together create the letter M, are interlocking and woven together giving the appearance of a rope, which implies strength and flexibility.
The three shapes which compose the M also represent characteristics inherent to Merchants Bank. Each builds off another:
- Our employees, customers and shareholders
- The regional, central and local aspects of our organization
- Quality products, outstanding service and profitability
- Volunteers, community and relationships
A rope is an amazing tool.
Its strength allows one to lift heavy loads, span great distances and tow precious cargo. Yet a rope is flexible enough to secure valuable packages with a simple knot. This tremendous strength and flexibility is made possible by the thousands of individual strands bound together for one purpose. A rope could teach us a lot about life.