Visa Credit Cards
Why should you carry a Merchants Bank Visa Credit Card?
We Dare You To Compare our Visa Credit Card to theirs. With a Merchants card you’ll enjoy:
- Customer Service You Can Count On – Visa Cards are issued and handled directly by Bank staff. Payments and inquiries are handled directly by us as well. A toll-free number is available for after hours service.
- A More Economical Credit Card to Carry – Our competitive annual percentage rate is lower than most other credit cards offer. We Dare You To Compare our rate to other credit cards you may carry.
- Payment Options – You will have the option to pay your account in full or make monthly payments over a period of time. If you choose to make monthly payments, we are happy to automatically deduct your monthly payment from your checking or savings account. You won't have to worry about remembering to make your monthly payment.
- Instant Cash Available All Over the World – Use your Visa Card on vacations or business trips. It is accepted at most Automated Teller Machines around the world. It is also accepted by travel agencies, airlines, hotels, car rentals, restaurants, gas stations and more!
- Free Automatic Travel Accident Insurance – You are automatically insured up to $150,000 when your credit card is used to purchase travel fare, air fare, bus fare, and more. Ask us for details!
- ScoreMore – Earn 2X, 3X, 4X or more bonus points when using your Merchants Bank Visa ScoreCard credit card. Click here for more details.
Choose from five Visa Credit Card options:
|Visa Classic Credit Card||Visa Classic with ScoreCardSM Rewards||Visa Platinum||Visa Platinum with ScoreCardSM Rewards||Visa Platinum Cash Back|
|View Details||View Details||View Details||View Details||View Details|
|Introductory Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances||0% (1)||0% (1)||0% (1)||0% (1)||0% (1)|
|APR for purchases and balance transfer after the introductory period||11.99% fixed rate (2,4)||9.99% fixed rate (2,4)||9.99% fixed rate (2,4)||9.99% fixed rate (2,4)||9.99% fixed rate (2,4)|
|Annual Membership Fee||None||None||None||None||$30|
|Credit Limit||Available from $300||Available from $300||Available from $5000||Available from $5000||Available from $5000|
Card Enhancement Benefits
Enrollment is automatic for cardholders
enter ID #5805
enter ID #5805
enter ID #5810
enter ID #5810
enter ID #5810
You're in Control... when you carry one of the world's most respected credit cards.
Your Visa Card from Merchants Bank will be welcome around the world. It lets you carry less cash and also keep track of your purchases with an easy-to-read monthly statement. It makes check cashing easier and also allows you to shop by phone, mail or internet at your convenience. Apply for your Visa Classic or Visa Platinum Credit Card today!
Enjoy all the benefits of a Visa Classic card, plus earn ScoreCard rewards! Turn your everyday purchases into airline tickets or brand-name merchandise. With Visa Classic ScoreCard, every time you use your card, you accumulate points, which may be redeemed for brand-name merchandise or airline tickets.
Each qualifying transaction you make earns you valuable Bonus Points. You may redeem your points at any time. But the larger your Bonus Points total, the greater the value of the award you may choose. When you open your credit card account, you will receive your ScoreCard Rewards catalog for your shopping convenience.
Complete ScoreCard Bonus Point Program rules will be sent with your first statement. Rewards begin to accumulate after you have received and activated your new card. Points accrued will expire five years after the expiration date. March 1 is the expiration date for points not redeemed within the previous five year period. For example, if a purchase is made March 1, 2012, the points will not expire until March 31, 2017.
Enjoy all the benefits of a Visa Platinum credit card, plus turn your everyday purchases into cash back rewards. With the Cash Back program, it’s easy to put money back in your pocket. Just use your Visa Card every time you shop. It doesn’t matter where you use your Visa Card. For each qualified purchase (does not include cash advances, convenience checks or returns) you make, you’ll receive an annual Cash Back reward. The more you use your Visa Card, the greater your reward!
Here’s how your Cash Back program adds up:
Yearly Purchases and the Cash Back Bonus
- For purchase totals of $1,000 and below, you will get a Cash Back Bonus of 0.25
- For purchase totals between $1,001 - $2,000, you will get a Cash Back Bonus of 0.50%
- For purchase totals between $2,001 - $3,000, you will get a Cash Back Bonus of 0.75%
- For purchase totals of $3,000 and above, you will get a Cash Back Bonus of 1.00%
It’s simple, earn Cash Back on all purchases you make with your Visa Platinum Cash Back card. The ScoreCard CashBack program is an automatic feature of your Visa credit card, so there is nothing left for you to do but make this card your first choice every time. When earning money is this easy, why would you use any other credit card? Contact Us for more information or Apply for Visa Platinum Cash Back today!
Additional Disclosure Information:
- Cash Advance Rate: 14.99% (4)
- Penalty APR: 21.75% (3)
- Method of Computing Balance for Purchases: Average daily balance, including new purchases
- How to avoid paying interest on Purchases: The account balance is paid in full within 25 days after the statement closing date (5)
- Minimum Finance Charge: None
- Cash Advance Fee: $3
- Late Payment Fee: $7.28 or 5%, whichever is greater
- Over The Limit Fee: None
- Balance Transfer Fee: None
- Replacement Card Fee: $10 if card is replaced more than once in any 12 month period
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the converted transaction amount
- Expedited Card Delivery Fee: $20
ScoreCard now gives you more bonus points – 2x, 3x, 4x or more with ScoreMore.
ScoreMore allows you to earn additional bonus points at participating retailers online or in-store. Earning points is easy. Shop at participating retailers online by starting at www.scorecardrewards.com, click on ScoreMore, make your purchases using your Merchants Bank ScoreCard credit card and you’ll automatically earn bonus points. In-store shopping is just as easy. Visit www.scorecardrewards.com for a list of participating retailers.
Points can be redeemed for the following:
- Home Décor
- Recreational Items
- Sports Apparel
- Airline Tickets
- Hotels & Resorts
- Recreational Activities
- Car Rentals
- Back to School Items
- Toys & Much More!
If you have any questions about a Merchants Bank Visa ScoreCard credit card or the ScoreMore rewards program, contact us today.
(1) Introductory Interest Rate (for new purchases, balance transfers and cash advances) — From the account-opening date, the introductory interest rate will be 0% APR Fixed for six months. Thereafter the rate will be the APR disclosed in the above “Account Terms” for the type of Visa credit card you obtain, based on the terms and conditions in the application. See full details of Account conditions and terms in the Bank Credit Card Agreement (“Agreement”) provided separately from the application and/or credit card at account opening. Account terms may change in accordance with the agreement and applicable laws.
(2) Visa Classic accounts are subject to a Finance Charge (F/C) of .99% per month which is equal to an Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 11.99%. Visa Classic ScoreCard, Visa Platinum, Visa Platinum ScoreCard-Merchandise and Visa Platinum ScoreCard-Cash Back are subject to a F/C of .83%, which is equal to an APR of 9.99%.
(3) If your minimum monthly payment is not received and your account becomes past due (60 days late or more), all rates will be increased to the Penalty APR. Increase will terminate after 6 months of timely payments on account.
(4) When interest rates begin to accrue. All cash advances are subject to a Finance charge from the date of the cash advance. A “fixed” Annual Percentage Rate?(APR) means that the APR will not vary in accordance with changes in a formula, such as the U.S.?Prime Rate. Merchants Bank reserves the right to change the APRs in accordance with the Bank Credit Card Agreement and the laws of the State of Minnesota and the Federal Truth in Lending Act.
(5) Purchases are subject to a finance charge from the date they are posted to the account; however, no interest is imposed on purchases if the account balance is paid in full within 25 days after the statement closing date. If you elect not to pay the entire new balance shown on your previous monthly statement within that 25-day period, a finance charge will be imposed on the unpaid average daily balance of such Credit Purchases from the previous statement closing date and on new Credit Purchases from the date of posting to your account during the current billing cycle, and will continue to accrue until the closing date of the billing cycle preceding the date on which the entire new balance is paid in full or until the date of payment if more than 25 days from the closing date. The finance charge for a billing cycle is computed by applying the monthly periodic rate to the average daily balance of Credit Purchases, which is determined by dividing the sum of the daily balances during the billing cycle by the number of days in the cycle. Each daily balance of Credit Purchases is determined by adding to the outstanding unpaid balance of Credit Purchases at the beginning of the billing cycle any new Credit Purchases posted to your account, and subtracting any payments as received or credits as posted to your account, but excluding any unpaid finance charges.