Introductory APR as low as 2.9% for the first 6 months | 5.25% APR after 6 months*
on a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
Merchants Bank offers two types of loans that use the equity in your home as collateral:
Each works differently and which loan type is best for you is often determined by your purpose for taking out the loan.
A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)* is a revolving loan that works very much like a credit card. The equity you have in your home secures a credit line with a variable interest rate. The monthly payments are determined by how much money you owe the Bank, not by how big the line of credit is. As you pay down the amount you owe, the rest of the credit line is available for other uses.
- Low interest rate with an introductory APR as low as 2.9% for the first 6 months and 5.25% APR after 6 months.*
- Flexibility to borrow for anything -- a new car, college tuition, a vacation, home improvement project or any other need.
- Convenient access to funds when you choose.
- Potential tax advantages on the interest paid on a HELOC. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
- Local service from your local Merchants Bank branch.
A Second Mortgage , or Home Equity Loan, is simply borrowing money, using the equity in your home to secure the loan. This type of home loan works much as a personal loan may use the value of a car to secure the loan.
- A Balloon Loan offers a variety of amortization schedules with flexible monthly payments to fit any budget.
- An Installment Loan has a fixed repayment schedule over a certain length of time.
- An Adjustable Rate Second Mortgage (ARM) offers an adjustable rate.
Second mortgages also offer potential tax advantages on interest paid. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a question below to view the answer.