Merchants Bank Loan Servicing is Here to Help
As soon as you’ve closed your loan with Merchants Bank, you’re able to chat with one of our most knowledgeable and useful resources: The Loan Servicing department.
Consisting of more than 15 employees, the Loan Servicing department is prepared to assist you with practically any question related to your loan. Really. Keep reading to learn how Loan Servicing can help you and the top questions department experts are asked.
How to Contact Loan Servicing
Before we dive in, here is how you can reach our Loan Servicing department to ask your loan questions.
To help keep your personal information safe, the department verifies each caller’s identity and uses encrypted email services.
Meet the Team & How They Help
The department is made up of mostly full-time employees and one part-time employee. Loan Servicing has many seasoned employees; the average banking experience of the staff is 13 years and average loan servicing experience is nine years. When you call us, you’re truly talking to a loan expert.
By the numbers, Loan Servicing:
- Receives approximately 5,000 calls per month from customers and staff who have loan questions.
- Sends out 12,000 loan payment books every year.
- Sends out more than 9,800 mortgage statements each month.
In addition to more FAQ questions below, the department can also help you:
- With any questions regarding your loan payments, how payments are applied to your loan, loan payment books or billing statements.
- Estimate an early loan pay off date if you’d like to pay extra on your loan.
- Calculate principal payments to meet an early payoff goal.
- Setup or change an automatic loan payment.
- Keep track of your escrow information, from bill payments to helping distribute funds to complete repairs on the damaged property covered by insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Loan Servicing department is asked thousands of questions each month, but here are some of the most popular. Is your question not on the list? If your loan has closed, they are here to help at the email or phone number listed above.